Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

On Thursday I came onto my period but also what I thought was a bout of cystitis. Last year I had a week long bout of cystitis and I cleared that up with some over the counter medicine from boots.

So on Friday I bought some medicine and took it for two days. However, that didn't work. So on Sunday I bought some more over the counter medicine which again lasted for a two day long course which I started today (Monday) but this doesnt seem to be working.

If I go the to the doctors tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday, what will be done? Will they take a urine sample and put me on a course of antibiotics?

Ive put off going to the doctor because of the swine flu outbreak.

I had this once, went to the doctor immediately. They took a urine sample, got put on antibiotics, got sorted fairly quickly. Call them up for advise if you're that worried about swine flu, ask if they've had any reported cases from that surgery.

Most surgerys are actually saying that if people have suspected flu like symptoms to not go and call the helpline to try and stem the transfer of it.

Anyway, if you are really struggling call NHS direct or go to the nearest walk in centre they will be able to see you there and then and sort you out with what you need, if you need some antibiotics.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.