Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have really thick, poofy and dense hair...and i hate it :mad: I found this picture online which resembles the poofiness issue i have. What i want is smooth, silky, shiny, flat hair and not a big poofy mess I use Aussie moisturizing shampoo & conditioner but i'm going to get Redken All Soft when i run out of the aussie stuff because i've used it before and i think they worked better on my hair.. I know that using a flat iron helps but to be honest i don't have that much time to spend on my hair each morning (it takes ages to straighten it because there's so much hair) plus it isn't too good for the hair in the long run. So, any others with the same issue who've found a solution? Please share any product recommendations etc

EDIT: i hope the pic works now as i attached it..?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    link doesn't work for me however my general advice would be use a leave in serum or get your hair thinned out.

I used to use John Frieda Frizz Ease hair serum which worked wonders as long as you didn't use too much near the roots.
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/John_Frieda_Fr...r_Serum__67450

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovewaffles)
    link doesn't work for me however my general advice would be use a leave in serum or get your hair thinned out.

I used to use John Frieda Frizz Ease hair serum which worked wonders as long as you didn't use too much near the roots.
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/John_Frieda_Fr...r_Serum__67450
    Are you supposed to use it in dry or damp hair? i might have to give that a go..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    Are you supposed to use it in dry or damp hair? i might have to give that a go..
    it works on both if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    eww that is exactly how my hair is... it's already been thinned out but it doesn't change the actual texture of my hair.
    Can't give you much advice though but still subscribing to see what others say

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I would get your hair thinned next time you go to get it cut. It feels a lot less poofy and takes less time to straighten. I find that sometimes my hair gets too poofy when it's really soft so if I've used to much product on it or put in too much conditioner in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.