Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Currently living in Samoa (country in the pacific ) planning to shift over to New Zealand and attend a school where they sit Cambridge International Exams. Only problem is that Im in Year 12, and have never been through this system before. So I've got no choice but to sit AS level in Year 13. Really stressing out because I understand that the curriculum is relatively difficult compared to over here!! :woo:
    Subjects that I plan on taking are
    English
    Math
    Photography
    Accounting OR Business Studies OR Psychology (undecided between the three. hehe:p: )

Anywho, I was wondering if it would be any use for me if I just sit the AS level and not A2 level..?
    Also, any comments on the difficulty of the subjects above??

ReputationRep:
    From the above, i've tried Maths (A level) and according to me i see that (AS MATHS ) is quite easy and you won't find great dificulty but the A2 course is quite difficult and you need to put more effort. You can do AS only without A2, but that depends on the university you're applying for, so you need to see the requirements of your university in order to determine what to study. Good Luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    :yes: Great, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    why aren't you going to take NCEA? i have heard that a lot of teachers in New Zealand are not very good with the Cambridge or Edexcel system because they all concentrate on the local system which is NCEA. When i moved here to New Zealand i had to switch to NCEA because hardly any schools teached Cambridge.

Here is my suggestion : do the NCEA system because it is accepted in New Zealand and Australia and i think its MUCH MUCH easier than Cambridge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.