Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I quite fancy dying my hair bright red. Just for a month or so.
    Can anyone recommend a dye/brand etc for it?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Schwarzkopf Live Colour XXL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigstuff)
    Live Colour XXL
    This:yep:
    I use it alll the time[not red though lol]

ReputationRep:
    hey, i will try and help

first off, what is your natural colour?

ReputationRep:
    schwarzkopf live xxl is good, especially on lighter hair.
    if you want it really bright then you might need it lightened/bleached first

ReputationRep:
    Red tends to hang around even though it fades very quickly. You'll see a red 'tinge' on your hair even when you dye over it with a different colour.

I personally hate the Schwartzkopft range, but do like the L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss.

ReputationRep:
    I've used the blonde before and it fades so quickly, I don't really want to have to dye it more than once to last the month or so :erm: How long does the red one of this last without fading too badly do you know?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Red tends to hang around even though it fades very quickly. You'll see a red 'tinge' on your hair even when you dye over it with a different colour.

I personally hate the Schwartzkopft range, but do like the L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss.
    Ahh I'll have a look at the L'oreal stuff :yep: as I use L'oreal to do my hair all the time..didn't notice a red though haha will have to have a better look :yep: Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    What colour hair do you have atm? is it dyed?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend this one, i used to use it but it faded to a weird pinky colour very very fast.
    Now i've been trying to get my hair back to blonde but its an absolute ***** to try to get rid of the pinky tinge.

ReputationRep:
    I can 100% recomment Schwarzkopf XXL, it's longer lasting if you have bleached your hair soon before using it.

Although it does smell quite yucky.

ReputationRep:
    Stargazer.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...N%26start%3D18

ReputationRep:
    i have red hair (i was blonde, dyed it brown, then dyed over this red) and it fades really quickly. i dont know about dying straight over blonde hair cos it might come out mega light first. maybe dye your hair a darker colour, maybe a darker blonde, then dye over this red. you need to top it up ever 4-6 weeks to keep it looking good (im rubbish at this lol).

if you want an awesome bright red colour, you could try panic manic.

http://www.manicpanichairdye.co.uk/

bare in mind that if you DO go red, you would need to continue going this colour, or bleach your whole hair again (probably more then once) to be blonde again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    What colour hair do you have atm? is it dyed?
    Yeah it's bleach blonde :erm:

If it's going to leave my hair with a pink tinge then I don't think I'll do it i want to be able to go back to blonde easily when I get bored.

ReputationRep:
    This.
    I swear by this brand. Lovely vivid colour

ReputationRep:
    The stargazer stuff will fade out in a week and wash out completely in about 2 weeks, especially if you wash your hair with hot water - I wouldn't recommend it at all.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have bright red hair. Used the Scharzkopf XXL in Passion Red a few times, but it fades very quickly. Tried L'Oreal Feria hair dye, which was just amazing. Didn't fade even half as quickly as the XXL, and was a really nice shade. I even dyed my hair black recently, just because the red was way too hard to keep, and I can still see a red tinge coming through underneath!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Yeah it's bleach blonde :erm:

If it's going to leave my hair with a pink tinge then I don't think I'll do it i want to be able to go back to blonde easily when I get bored.
    If I were you, I'd try a Superdrug semi-permanent colour. They've always worked quite well for me, and they're cheap

ReputationRep:
    Get it done professionally at a salon

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.