Turn on thread page Beta

isit a good idea to workout during Ramdan? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Oh yeah, good point! :rolleyes:
    lool u know it ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touran22)
    Hey guys. yeah so im planning to go to the gym from tomorow but is there any point as ramdan starts like Augast the 22nd?

Should i be training in the gym during ramdan? when i mean training i mean pressups sit ups and a little bit of weights? maybe swimming?

Isn't ramadan the ideal time to loose any excess fat or what ever?

Any way whats the best option?
    You can - I did last year - you just need to be a bit careful. Do make sure you warm up. I think if you do do it, best time is just before iftar (obviously, it's better after iftar, but I presume you mean during fasting hours).

The exercises you describe are not too taxing. I would avoid strenuous stuff like squats and dead lifts.

I'm planning to exercise this year also.

You can't swim.

ReputationRep:
    so swimming is definitly out of the question? hmm maybe i should go for it? if i work out like press ups and sit ups would there be more of a chance of me loosing weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touran22)
    so swimming is definitly out of the question? hmm maybe i should go for it? if i work out like press ups and sit ups would there be more of a chance of me loosing weight?
    Yeah, doing resistance exercises (+ cardio) are a great idea, too.

ReputationRep:
    If you train long and get big enough there will be a religion dedicated to you!
    Solved..

ReputationRep:
    It will be tough for me, but I think that I'll just limit the time I stay there Plus the time to eat is quite late.

ReputationRep:
    right i joined up yesterday. im gona see what happens when im fasting if i can't do it then ill just stop! fingers crossed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.