Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

isit a good idea to workout during Ramdan? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Oh yeah, good point! :rolleyes:
    lool u know it ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touran22)
    Hey guys. yeah so im planning to go to the gym from tomorow but is there any point as ramdan starts like Augast the 22nd?

Should i be training in the gym during ramdan? when i mean training i mean pressups sit ups and a little bit of weights? maybe swimming?

Isn't ramadan the ideal time to loose any excess fat or what ever?

Any way whats the best option?
    You can - I did last year - you just need to be a bit careful. Do make sure you warm up. I think if you do do it, best time is just before iftar (obviously, it's better after iftar, but I presume you mean during fasting hours).

The exercises you describe are not too taxing. I would avoid strenuous stuff like squats and dead lifts.

I'm planning to exercise this year also.

You can't swim.

ReputationRep:
    so swimming is definitly out of the question? hmm maybe i should go for it? if i work out like press ups and sit ups would there be more of a chance of me loosing weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touran22)
    so swimming is definitly out of the question? hmm maybe i should go for it? if i work out like press ups and sit ups would there be more of a chance of me loosing weight?
    Yeah, doing resistance exercises (+ cardio) are a great idea, too.

ReputationRep:
    If you train long and get big enough there will be a religion dedicated to you!
    Solved..

ReputationRep:
    It will be tough for me, but I think that I'll just limit the time I stay there Plus the time to eat is quite late.

ReputationRep:
    right i joined up yesterday. im gona see what happens when im fasting if i can't do it then ill just stop! fingers crossed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.