Turn on thread page Beta

Nose Ring?: I sort of like it.. (pic) watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Opinions of nose ring?
    No, just no.
    70.19%
    Yeah, it looks fine..
    17.31%
    Tis your choice..
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    I have a nose stud and I think it looks quite dainty on me but rings look stupid because I only have a little nose and I think it's just a bit harsh and extreme looking for me. Personally I much prefer studs, so, get it pierced but get a stud

ReputationRep:
    Yeah please, you look pretty as you are, dont spoil it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by april_happy)
    noo, I want to be a proper trendy granny but I'm still going to knit tea cosies and apple cake inbetween watching corrie =)
    and daisies on your ankle will keep the pie from being good?
    ... you fail :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    You think all that when you see a girl with a nose stud? Jesus.

Some guys here are waaay too judgemental.
    Only if it's really in your face/looks like the person is trying too hard. Some people like them because they just like them (and aren't trying to draw attention)... it's ok in those cases. So yeah, studs are usually ok since they're not massive/too attention drawing (unless there's tons of em).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G50)
    Only if it's really in your face/looks like the person is trying too hard. Some people like them because they just like them (and aren't trying to draw attention)... it's ok in those cases.
    But how do you tell between them, if you just judge people based on their appearance? Don't tell me, you actually talk to them to find out if they're pierced because they're unconfident in their appearance? Something tells me that you just like to make assumptions....

ReputationRep:
    I think a stud would look far better on you (Y)

lip rings are mid range between nose studs and nose rings.

come to think if I haven't seen any hot pictures of girls with nose rings

ReputationRep:
    your really pretty and i wear a nose ring it looks really nice but u jus gotta match it with ur clothes otherwise u will end up lookin likea bell end lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    and daisies on your ankle will keep the pie from being good?
    ... you fail :p:
    I somehow can't process good pies being made from old women with wrinkly mashed up skin.. just dosn't mesh in my head.
    Sure, ok, I fail.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    But how do you tell between them, if you just judge people based on their appearance? Don't tell me, you actually talk to them to find out if they're pierced because they're unconfident in their appearance? Something tells me that you just like to make assumptions....
    Uhm, people who try too hard are pretty obvious (not talking about the OP -- she's fine, she just wants something to spice up her look, but I still think she shouldn't go for a ring). Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about or that you haven't ever seen such cases yourself.

ReputationRep:
    awww you're gorgeous, yeah it would suit you, but it should be a smaller stud, other than that you can pull it off really well xx

ReputationRep:
    You're cute. but I prefer you without the nose ring , however you still look nice with it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    awww you're gorgeous, yeah it would suit you, but it should be a smaller stud, other than that you can pull it off really well xx
    awh thank you =) Unique sig, Its awesome!
    I'm pretty excited about getting it done actually, I like change :o:

ReputationRep:
    It honestly looks vile, if you want it pierced get a stud instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Why would anyone put a whole through their nose...

There are already two holes in your nose, stick to those.

Although in your case they both look fine.
    A whole what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    A whole what?
    Disaster, embarrassment, shame.

I am off to bed to ponder my very essence.

ReputationRep:
    So, after a much ealier thread I have decided for sure to get my nose pierced, but because of slightly deluded parents they are making me wait until I finish GCSEs in about 10 months. Anyhow, I found a fake nose ring (It was from a costume a few years ago) and I sort of like it. I am deffinately going to have a stud most of the time: I want to get a cute little moon one :p:

But, I would like stranger opinions, do you think a ring just looks stupid? Off putting? Or does anyone else sort of like it?
    (Obviously the picture before is without anything.. personally I think I look to plain!)

Whoops, i was too distracted by how beautiful you are.

But in anycase, without the ring. its far too bulky, i think a little stud would be cute tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    It honestly looks vile, if you want it pierced get a stud instead?
    I'm not sure if you read the thread, but I did say I am getting a stud.. just curious about an wearing an occasional ring =)

ReputationRep:
    Meh, not to my taste personally. Natural is always best in my book.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate your honesty as I'm sure others will.
    So, nose ring is a bad idea?
    I think i might get a thin smaller one anyway, just so i can wear it occasioanlly when I'm feeling but quirky.

I was just interested to know what peoples opinions were on the idea, interesting
    I think a stud would be better(although I know that's what you plan anyway). You don't look plain at all but if you still feel that way I suggest you use fashion to change your look. Its far more fun and you can change it as often as you like (even to suit your mood)

ReputationRep:
    hold up... 15..:vroam:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.