Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you shampoo your hair? Watch

• View Poll Results: How often do you shampoo your hair?
    Atleast twice a week, once through
    27.33%
    Atleast twice a week, twice through (or more)
    17.39%
    Once a week or less, once through
    5.59%
    Once a week or less, twice through
    1.24%
    Every day, once through
    44.10%
    Every day, twice through
    4.35%

Following on from another topic, it turns out i actually shower my hair more often than a gurl :zomg:

How often is the norm? Discuss!

EDIT: once through / twice through or more means that you soak it in shampoo once, wash it out, and for twice through you soak it once again and wash it out once again (or more).

ReputationRep:
    brother needs to get laid, what kind of a punani thinks about things like this?

ReputationRep:
    I think I voted right... but basically every other day.

(Original post by jakeee)
    brother needs to get laid, what kind of a punani thinks about things like this?
    You are BAAAAD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    You are BAAAAD
    not as baaaad as your thread on shampoo.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming I understood what "twice through" meant, just once a week. That said, I have very long thick hair and it looks terrible if I do it more than twice a week. I know I should more often, but I don't because it takes so damn long to shampoo twice, then conditioner, then rinse properly (arg, the rinsing takes forever, stupid hair) and dry. If I'm going anywhere, it just has to be done the night before.

I wish it was as easy to keep as my Dad's, who takes about 2 minutes to wash and rinse and then just combs it and it dries really quickly. D:

ReputationRep:
    5 minutes ago. Now my noggin is all fluffy.

ReputationRep:
    I thought people shower everyday O_o

Of course it's more of a hassle if you're disabled. Wipes are probably you're best bet

ReputationRep:
    You started a thread on it lol
    I just meant rinse and repeat not how many times a week

ReputationRep:
    I wash my hair twice or thrice a week, and always always shampoo twice, condition once.

ReputationRep:
    I wash my hair every other day or every two days, and when I do I shampoo it twice in one wash :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Shower twice a day, shampoo once each time, use conditioner once a week.

ReputationRep:
    I wash my hair once every 7-10 days, with shampoo :yep: I shampoo it once, thoroughly (wtf is the point in doing it twice?)

ReputationRep:
    At least once a day.

My hair's too long - it'll go ghey if I don't.

ReputationRep:
    i shower and wash my hair every day. shampoo once and condition the ends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    (wtf is the point in doing it twice?)
    The first wash lifts product build up, sebum and the like. The second wash rinses away whatever's been lifted. In effect, washing once doesn't really clean the hair, washing twice gets rid of all the crap the first wash didn't get rid of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    The first wash lifts product build up, sebum and the like. The second wash rinses away whatever's been lifted. In effect, washing once doesn't really clean the hair, washing twice gets rid of all the crap the first wash didn't get rid of.
    so you're telling me I've never washed my hair in my whole life? :eek3:

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Exactly! I was always told that shampooing twice removes the much that the first one "dislodges". :yep:

ReputationRep:
    isnt that just to make you use the shampoo more?

(Original post by jaz_jaz)
    isnt that just to make you use the shampoo more?
    I don't know, the first time around my hair doesn't really feel that clean and i still have tonnes of dust and dandruff if i shake it off after, but the second time it really does remove the "muck" so to speak because not only does my hair feel cleaner the "dirt" also gets removed :unsure: Seemingly? :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.