Turn on thread page Beta

How often do you shampoo your hair? watch

• View Poll Results: How often do you shampoo your hair?
    Atleast twice a week, once through
    27.33%
    Atleast twice a week, twice through (or more)
    17.39%
    Once a week or less, once through
    5.59%
    Once a week or less, twice through
    1.24%
    Every day, once through
    44.10%
    Every day, twice through
    4.35%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    The first wash lifts product build up, sebum and the like. The second wash rinses away whatever's been lifted. In effect, washing once doesn't really clean the hair, washing twice gets rid of all the crap the first wash didn't get rid of.
    the first wash lifts its. then you rinse it off to get rid of it.

at least, that would be the logical way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    the first wash lifts its. then you rinse it off to get rid of it.

at least, that would be the logical way
    I'm sorry, what are you actually saying? Are you just reiterating what I've just said? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Everyday. Need to wash out the hair wax.

I'm sorry, what are you actually saying? Are you just reiterating what I've just said? :confused:
    No, he's saying that you "remove" the stuff when you rinse it the first time, i think :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Every other day, usually only once through with shampoo and then conditioner.

Up until about the age of 20 I guess I avoided washing my hair for as long as I possibly could. Not because I didn't like washing, but because it was long at the time and went 'all fluffy', and therefore looked bloody awful until about three days had passed for the natural grease to build up and get it under control. Then I discovered conditioner, and stuff that goes in your hair that isn't hairspray, moose or gel, all of which tended to go rock hard and then flake away throughout the day...

I tell you, kids these days have it easy, boys are able to talk about hair products without having the piss taken out of them...

ReputationRep:
    I shower every morning and shampoo twice in the shower sometimes if I forget I've already done it (mind wanders..) or if the conditioner is taking ages to settle in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    Every other day, usually only once through with shampoo and then conditioner.

Up until about the age of 20 I guess I avoided washing my hair for as long as I possibly could. Not because I didn't like washing, but because it was long at the time and went 'all fluffy', and therefore looked bloody awful until about three days had passed for the natural grease to build up and get it under control. Then I discovered conditioner, and stuff that goes in your hair that isn't hairspray, moose or gel, all of which tended to go rock hard and then flake away throughout the day...

I tell you, kids these days have it easy, boys are able to talk about hair products without having the piss taken out of them...
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I wash my hair every other day; I shampoo and condition it once each time.

ReputationRep:
    The first wash lifts product build up, sebum and the like. The second wash rinses away whatever's been lifted. In effect, washing once doesn't really clean the hair, washing twice gets rid of all the crap the first wash didn't get rid of.
    I never noticed a difference between washing once or twice. I don't see how cleaning it the second time would rinse away anything from the first. (But then again, I don't put any products in my hair, so I may be different)

ReputationRep:
    Shampoo
    Rinse
    Shampoo
    Rinse
    Conditioner In
    Exfoliate/Body Buff
    Conditioner out
    Towel dry
    Product In
    Straightener

BOOM!

Every other day.

ReputationRep:
    I wash and condition every day for silky smooth hair
    x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Most guys do it with their body stuff (if what I've seen is true ) whereas girls use shampoo/conditioner.

I shouldn't wash it every day I suppose, but I do get comments on how soft my hair is, for some reason...

ReputationRep:
    every day, once through - just everytime I have a shower. as far as I know my hair's fine (as I use this fairly expensive stuff)...

ReputationRep:
    once a week! twice a week in summer or hot weather. my hair doesnt get greasy as i have afro hair =p it just gets irritatingly dry =(

ReputationRep:
    I shampoo it every night, but that's because I have very thick hair which needs it otherwise it gets horribly greasy.

ReputationRep:
    Every other day twice shampoo one condition

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that shampooing your hair every day isn't actually that good for your hair, unless you just use very little each time..

anyone knows more about this?

ReputationRep:
    Everyday when I go out or in school times. Other than that every other day. I only shampoo once, condition once. Don't worry Lefty, it's better to be cleaner anyway The poll shows most be wash once a day too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNQ)
    I thought people shower everyday O_o

Of course it's more of a hassle if you're disabled. Wipes are probably you're best bet
    lol
    i shower everyday but wash my hair every other day, it always looks best the day after i wash it for some reason
    x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.