Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else noticed this:
    https://www5.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_capi...sp?newms=info1

I only got an email about it today, or at least I only noticed the one that was sent today, from graduate-jobs.com.

To me it basically sounds like they couldn't get their full Faststream allocation, or underestimated how many they needed and have put this together to plug the gap.

I'm highly tempted to give it a go if I can find the time to fill in the application form and to answer the competency questions. Looking after two toddlers full time doesn't give me much in the way of free time other than to collapse in front of the TV with a cup of tea once they've gone to bed and the washing up is finished... If successful it would mean I'd have to sort out shildcare for the two blighters sharpish though...

ReputationRep:
    Its not a fast stream equivalent, for a start its not on the HEO(D) band. DWP does many talent programmes. For instance it had an HR one before the HR fast stream starting next year and an IT one before TiB.

This certainly may turn into an ops fast stream in the future.

Be warned this looks to be ops only, so doesn't cover the other two PSG areas of policy or corporate.

However, a leadership development programme doesn't mean you have to stay in ops forever so its a great opportunity. Unfortunately you've just flagged it to a load of people!

ReputationRep:
    Well the way I thought of it was that if I did apply, and did somehow manage to get in, then I'd stick it out and see where it takes me. No reason not to apply for the Faststream in the Autumn, or for that matter next year as an external applicant anyway. Well other than the being busy as hell with a FT job and two kids of course...

Also if it doesn't look like its going to take me anywhere interesting, then I would most definately move elsewhere. There is no way I'd want to get stuck in middle management for the rest of my life, if I'd wanted to do that I wouldn't have left my job and gone back to university, what eight years ago now?

As to flagging it up for everyone else here. Well, if I manage to find the time to fill in the application then a little more competition is hardly going to hurt, but being honest the chances are I won't have the time to do anything other than a poor job on the competency questions, etc... I might start filling in my details today though once our youngest is having her nap (which should be now, running about 1 1/2 hours late as usual...).

So, good luck to anyone that applies...

ReputationRep:
    Any idea on the salary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotik)
    Any idea on the salary?
    It says on the site.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.