Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone knows when we are given a reading list/book list from the university. I am doing English Language and Linguistics and as I have been on a gap year I was hoping to do some reading around the subject prior to starting!!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You'll most likely be given a reading list at the first lecture for each module, or when you get your internet account sorted out you may have access to the reading lists/lecture notes from there. If you want them sooner I'm sure if you contact the module convenor for each module they'll send you one.

I don't know about English, but for geography its not much use anyway as they're all journals which you can't access without a subscription (which the university has).

but there is certainly no harm in asking.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have emailed the department just after posting this so I'll wait and see. I googled it and found a recommended reading list compiled by Sussex Uni so that can do for now!

Thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    Look at some module outlines on the department website:

http://www.shef.ac.uk/english/curren...ad/index2.html

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, thanks! It's great to get an idea of what I'm going to be studying, in order to do some background reading!

Also, I got a reply from the university and they said that something is being put together at the moment and will be sent out shortly!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 31, 2009

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.