Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I was a first year in Stirling (Im now going into third year) out of my kitchen 4 of us were 17, 10 were 18 and 4 were 19.

Most are definetly 18 and above.

ReputationRep:
    I could have gone to uni last year and sat first year exams and still be 16! But you can't get into dentistry without 6th year, so I'll be 17 throught 1st year. Most would be 18 though.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone keeps saying "most will be 18" but then, these people themselves are 16/17. Hardly anyone has replied who will be 18 or above :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JESSHOLMES)
    Everyone keeps saying "most will be 18" but then, these people themselves are 16/17. Hardly anyone has replied who will be 18 or above :|
    I don't see how it negates their point. They will be in 5th year or 6th year and I'm pretty sure they can add the year on to work out what age they will be.

Anyway it's hardly something that you need to rely upon anecdotal evidence, it is a fact that most people are 18 when they go to uni, some younger yes, but a minority. And a bigger minority are older than 18/19.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    I don't see how it negates their point. They will be in 5th year or 6th year and I'm pretty sure they can add the year on to work out what age they will be.

Anyway it's hardly something that you need to rely upon anecdotal evidence, it is a fact that most people are 18 when they go to uni, some younger yes, but a minority. And a bigger minority are older than 18/19.
    You misunderstand, the people replying are going to university this September and are 16/17.

ReputationRep:
    You misunderstand, the people replying are going to university this September and are 16/17.
    OK, then. How about you believe someone who has been to university then, me. The fact is what you are worrying about is wrong, see my above post. You have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    A few things:

1) The Scottish school year is split around the end of February - I'm pretty sure a lot of people will turn 18 before or early in their first year.

2) Your thread title attracts people who are worried about their age at uni - i.e. people who are aware they may be younger than average.

3) We've already said that any ages differences you do see don't play a bit part in how people interact. Even if you were a year older that 90% of the students, it makes very little difference.

As Rizzletastic says, go with the evidence that people at uni have provided you with, and don't base claims on unrepresentative samples of people without thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    Most will be 18. Theres lots of other English students who go to Stirling as well. Honestly man don't worry about it. Id rather be the only 18 year old than the only 17 year old anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ill be 16 for about a week wen ill start uni

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 16 until December!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.