Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im not after flashy fake glistening whites that you see on American TV, I just noticed my teeth are looking a bit shabby which is quite off putting. Bit off-coloured. Are any of the whitening toothpastes effective or are they just a marketing scam?

ReputationRep:
    pearl drops seemed to work for me.
    they even give you a little colour chart so you can see your progress :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gascoigne)
    Im not after flashy fake glistening whites that you see on American TV, I just noticed my teeth are looking a bit shabby which is quite off putting. Bit off-coloured. Are any of the whitening toothpastes effective or are they just a marketing scam?
    There's two that work well from what I know. One called "Pearl White", not sure who it's by sorry, and the other is Beverley Hill's Whitening toothpaste.

Thought about Crest whitestrips or something? With a lot of tooth whiteners, You can choose how white you it to turn out, so can make it look more natural.

(Whilst I'm here, does anyone know if the tooth whitener "BDazzled" is a scam? It apparently lasts a few years, for only £40, can't find any reference to it being a scam but can't find much legitimate stuff on it either...)

ReputationRep:
    Edit function isn't working for me, but just checked and the Pearl White is actually "Pearl Drops".

ReputationRep:
    Firstly OP, make sure you brush twice a day.

Then once you do that everyday, use smaller tooth brushes to brush inbetween teeth and use floss and mouthwash to remove all food stains.

Then if there is discolouring of the gum (inflammation) then use disclosing tablets to identify these and go to your dentist to get a scale and polish.

I would recommend Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste, corsodyl mouthwash and the tablets.

Good luck and keep your teeth healthy...

Oh and listen to me because I want to be a Dentist and I just spent a week at a local dentist and this is the exact advice he gave...:p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.