Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Straight girls: feelings about being hit on by other girls? Watch

• View Poll Results: Girls: How would you feel about being hit on by another girl?
    I'd try anything once! Nothing more than a kiss though.
    11.11%
    I probably wouldn't stop at a kiss, either...
    16.67%
    Flattered, but no thanks.
    41.67%
    I'd puke and run out screaming.
    5.56%
    I'm a guy and tell me more...
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    Not that I ever would :awesome:

Just wondering about the general opinion on this. So what do you think? Has it happened before? How did you react/would you react?

ReputationRep:
    -?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person, the situation and how they act. Also, who I'm out with.

If they were just being 'friendly' I wouldn't really mind as long as she took the hint when I told her I'm not interested.

If I'm getting a lot of unwanted attention from another woman I'd feel a lot more threatened than if it was from a man, especially if she started getting proper in my face.

ReputationRep:
    Flattered :yep: and my friend kind of has without making it overtly obvious. I'm still good friends with her. Although if it was in a creepy way and not by a friend I would be very scared.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be uncomfortable, but just the same as i would if i got hit on by a guy that i had no interest in.
    At least if you're approached by a girl you can use it as an anecdote in the future.

ReputationRep:
    welll...when i was younger, about 10, a girl hit on me. and i didn't know anything about lesbians and hadn't even been in a relationship soo i let her. and well...i wouldn't really mind being hit on by a lezzie. but i wouldn't consider myself a lezzie. hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Flattered... but I'd be scared if she came on too strong :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i have been hit on by a lezzie before and to be honest i was drunk and dint really care lol when im drunk i get abit friendly anyway loool but it does depend who im with and stuff

ReputationRep:
    i tend not to notice anyone hitting on me, ever, so it'd be more uncomfortable for them than me i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'D be flattered and laugh it off
    It happened to me a while back, an older woman in her early thirties (i'm 18) was very friendly to me and my friend and we all got chatting. Then she began flirting and touching my hair and face, my friend (who incidentally is gay, and attractive) thought it was hilarious, whilst I just made my excuses to leave (politely).
    Me and my friend still joke about it to this day, even though the woman was quite forthcoming, I didn't feel anymore threatened than if it had been a man.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too bothered, depending on what kind of "hitting-on" it was. If it was just standard-level flirting then it wouldn't offend me or anything, but I'd make it clear I wasn't interested. But if it was really intimidating I might start to get uncomfortable – but I'd be the same with an overbearing guy.

I have been stared at by loads of BIs and lesbians. My friends noticed and i was completely oblivious!
    My straight friends were drunk and admitted that girls kiss better than guys (they have kissed girls in truth or dare) then afterwards one got drunk and pecked me on the lips...I wanted to run away from here because she got well offended that i didn't want to kiss her...

So I will be polite if i got hit on..but no thanks

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate got hit on by another girl and she hated it. tbf my flatmate is a complete ********. I don't think most girls would mind... I don't like being hit on by guys but If I was a girl I wouldn't mind girls hitting on me (although I would probably be a lesbian). My answer probably hasn't helped at all (guess that's why the question is directed at girls) but I tried :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Never happened to me, but I think I'd be flattered and probably less intimidated than when guys hit on me. Even if a girl was quite forward, I'd probably find it less sleazy than a guy hitting on me in the same manner (double standards I know!) - as long as the girl wasn't too pushy.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably actually be more flattered than if a man was hitting on me on a night out, as the only guys that ever come near me in clubs are those leches that go round trying to pull everyone, and you don't really see girls doing this (although maybe it is different for lesbians in gay clubs, Ive never been to one). I'd feel happy to be picked out lol. Plus it might provide some amusement or a good story. If I ever feel uncomfortable in a situation like that I just walk away, not a big deal.

If a girl was hitting on me in a day to day situation, I probably wouldnt notice tbh unless they were very obvious about it.

ReputationRep:
    From a guys perspective, if a gay guy hit on me I'd be flattered.

Girls though, I know my female friends would be a little put off. Maybe because they think lesbians go for manly women? Could embarrass them.

ReputationRep:
    Be quite scared tbh. None of the options in the poll. I'd feel quite anxious to get out of the situation.

However it hasn't and probably won't happen to me seeing as I attract foreigners. Not by choice may I add

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porcelainvodka)
    I'D be flattered and laugh it off
    It happened to me a while back, an older woman in her early thirties (i'm 18) was very friendly to me and my friend and we all got chatting. Then she began flirting and touching my hair and face, my friend (who incidentally is gay, and attractive) thought it was hilarious, whilst I just made my excuses to leave (politely).
    Me and my friend still joke about it to this day, even though the woman was quite forthcoming, I didn't feel anymore threatened than if it had been a man.
    what is it with people who think stroking someones hair is a valid flirting technique with someone you barely know? I had it done twice to me at a bar last night. Very weird.

ReputationRep:
    Its only happened once, I didn't mind cause she was lovely and stuff. If I'd been drinking I'd probably have kissed her just to see what it was like.

Dunno if any of you on here are lesbians/bi but would you be offended by that? Another girl kissing you just to see what it was like I mean.

ReputationRep:
    I've experienced it, and I get very flattered. Where it stops? Well, that depends on the amount of alcohol I've consumed, and the other girl..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.