Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Is it possible to look really good by wearing clothes that suit you and fit well - and ignore current fashion trends i.e stripes, checks, bright colours etc etc ???

I find it easier to buy clothes that I like and fit well than keeping an eye on current trends, but am worried that what im wearing looks uncool and unfashionable.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    People who buy clothes simply because they're in fashion are fools. It's all about what looks good on you. Plus, you'll never look good if you're not comfortable in what you're wearing.
    Stick to what you're doing

ReputationRep:
    Wear whatever you want to wear, **** everything and everyone else. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Depends why you dress up. For most people it's too look acceptable (predominantly to the other sex) and fit in with their chosen social group, for some it's a form of expression.

I can only reccomend not to care too much about what other people think and wear what feels natural.

ReputationRep:
    It's wayyy better to have your own style than to follow fashion in my opinion. Some idiots may think you look uncool for it but all the cool people will not :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Style trumps fashion, every single time.

I have a book, 'Things a Woman Should Know About Style' by Karen Homer, which is full of great advice about developing real style and class.

Anyone can dress in this season's trends, but it takes a lot more time and effort to look classy and stylish!

If you're really bothered, just buy one or two new-season things you actually like and that suit you, and wear them in your own way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano)
    Hi,
    Is it possible to look really good by wearing clothes that suit you and fit well - and ignore current fashion trends i.e stripes, checks, bright colours etc etc ???

I find it easier to buy clothes that I like and fit well than keeping an eye on current trends, but am worried that what im wearing looks uncool and unfashionable.

Dress like me and you're set. Although you have to look like me to suit the clothes i wear. So ignore this advice.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks guys I was looking to here this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano)
    Hi,

Yes. **** fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Communist Daughter)
    Depends why you dress up. For most people it's too look acceptable (predominantly to the other sex) and fit in with their chosen social group, for some it's a form of expression.

I can only reccomend not to care too much about what other people think and wear what feels natural.
    this:yep:

ReputationRep:
    If it suits you, and you feel good wearing it, then really, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    Style over fashion. I'll say that, only because its much cheaper to do that! I don't think its a problem getting one or two fashionable things - if you like them and they suit you

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.