Turn on thread page Beta

everyone, what does it mean when..? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice people, my momentary insecure moment is over now

ReputationRep:
    'Seeing each other' usually means they like you enough to kiss you/sleep with you, but don't actually want to be in a relationship just yet, for whatever reason.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he likes you to me.

ReputationRep:
    My personal interpretation was that to 'see someone' meant that you had just gone on a few dates and that you wern't officially boyfriend and girlfriend , I think it does sound like this guy likes you though.

Well based on that it would seem that he's into you :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    He likes you.

"Seeing" someone is a term generally used to describe the time between growing close and essentially dating, and having the important "what are we" talk.

ReputationRep:
    he's just not that into you. i read the book. im in the know.

ReputationRep:
    don't bully me guys
    ITS LONG BECAUSE I'M WORDY

hahaha just joking, but thanks to all positive responses

and funnily enough i did wash my hair today..what are the chances?

ReputationRep:
    by your description of your relationship together, i would say he likes you quite alot

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's classed as 'seeing' but it's cute anyway :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he likes you but doesn't want to label you as his girlfriend yet, because he's still not sure about something. Or he's keeping his options open. But tbh, you're acting like you're together anyway so let him call it what he wants. As long as you like him and are happy with the situation then s'all good.

ReputationRep:
    aw man. i wrote a paragraph about it then my browser crashed. grr..
    kind of went like this

if he really likes you, then he'd want you to be his girlfriend and he'd want call you that in front of people. if you're happy about "just seeing" each other then, great! otherwise, he's just not that into you and you deserve someone who is willing to call you his girlfriend

sorry, i read he's just not that into you the other day. changed my perspectives (right word?) on dating, and how guys treat me =] recommended read!

ReputationRep:
    Lol - I love how this is really a topic that guys should be answering, yet it's girls giving their 2 cents ...

Right - in a guy's mind "seeing each other" can mean a few things:

1. He DOES like you, but wants to take his time, and like Chiko said, its the time before the "what are we?" talk.
    2. He does like you, but doesn't want to seem too interested (guys all know you gotta seem a little distant at times to keep girls keen)
    3. He does like you and care for you and likes having fun with you, but doesn't want to get fully involved cos he doesnt see a future with you (this is what I mean with the girl i'm "seeing" - and she knows it)
    4. As others have said - He's just not that into you

From what you've posted though - I'd say no. 1 or 2

hope it helps,
    latot

ReputationRep:
    If I was seeing someone.. it;s the step between going out and nothing basically, still, I wouldn't expect the girl to get with other guys. It's like a testing phase... or going in the baby pool because it's warmer to begin with, and the big pool isn't a shock when you get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiko 1001)
    He likes you.

"Seeing" someone is a term generally used to describe the time between growing close and essentially dating, and having the important "what are we" talk.
    Hurrah! I'm "seeing" somebody then. I was wondering what the hell it is we are doing, but it seems to be this!

ReputationRep:
    The boy is in luuurve!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    The boy is in luuurve!
    That's just plain silly

ReputationRep:
    I'm amazed you need to ask. It sounds like he already thinks you're already partially dating, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    It seems you're doing more than just "seeing each other" as he told his friends and his parents about you. He likes you for sure but he hasn't considered what's going on between you as a couple yet. Maybe he isn't secure and tries to know how you feel about the relationship or i not ready. But he likes you, that's a fact.

ReputationRep:
    I think he likes you but would rather not have a break up if you end up going to different unis, so is trying to keep it a more casual thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.