Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

everyone, what does it mean when..? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I freaking hate the term 'seeing'. I will never know what it means. Why can't guys just be honest with how they feel?!?!!?! Apparently i've been seeing someone for a while, but that's news to me, I had no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerry595)
    I freaking hate the term 'seeing'. I will never know what it means. Why can't guys just be honest with how they feel?!?!!?! Apparently i've been seeing someone for a while, but that's news to me, I had no idea.
    Its a perfect term though - its that phase at the start of a relationship where youre still not sure where its going to go - similar to "dating" i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latot)
    Its a perfect term though - its that phase at the start of a relationship where youre still not sure where its going to go - similar to "dating" i suppose
    Well in my situation, we have both said we like each other, and have been apparently 'seeing' each other for a while (months on and off..I thought we were just friends or something) yet still nothing is really happening, but if you have both said you like each other how can you be unsure of where the relationship is going to go?!

I'm going to just move along, i'm way too confused about the 'seeing' thing!

ReputationRep:
    He definitely likes you. It's probably just not been long enough for "girlfriend" labels or something.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like my boyfriend when we were seeing each other. I hate that phrase though so after 2 weeks, I dropped in he was my boyfriend and he never complained lol

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know.

Poontang means fanny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerry595)
    Well in my situation, we have both said we like each other, and have been apparently 'seeing' each other for a while (months on and off..I thought we were just friends or something) yet still nothing is really happening, but if you have both said you like each other how can you be unsure of where the relationship is going to go?!

I'm going to just move along, i'm way too confused about the 'seeing' thing!

Because your plans for the future may be different.. he may not be THAT into you.. he may not be too sure if he wants a relationship... there are amillion things.... or he may even be waiting for you to have the "What are we?" talk (its usually the girl that brings it up lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetalheadA7X)
    Just to let you know.

Poontang means fanny
    That's what people use it for - but poontang originally means "A Black Woman's Vagina" - cos theyre special or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latot)
    Because your plans for the future may be different.. he may not be THAT into you.. he may not be too sure if he wants a relationship... there are amillion things.... or he may even be waiting for you to have the "What are we?" talk (its usually the girl that brings it up lol)
    Well we can had a brief talk about it the other day, which is when I found out apparently we had been 'seeing' each other for a while, I said I liked him, he said he liked me too a zillion times, but then he said he kinda likes what we're doing, he's text me a bit since, but nothing amazing. It's annoying me too much to carry on. Oh, and we're both in the same city in September, so same future plans at the mo basically. VDJFFJFLJFLSDFEFELJFEL!

ReputationRep:
    Being in the same city doesn't mean the same plans - He might want to keep his options open and fool around, or he might just not want to get too serious...

Way I see it, stop complaining and worrying - just be happy that you've got something - otherwise you won't enjoy what you have and it'll just be for waste

latot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latot)
    That's just plain silly
    Maybe to you...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.