+rep

ReputationRep:
    hehe thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    It looks truly incredible and awesome fun!! :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJcOy6iuUc

I think this game might ruin my University grades! :awesome:
    Grades? This game has the potential to ruin my university career full stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guy_incognito)
    Grades? This game has the potential to ruin my university career full stop.
    I blame those people who will get the game earlier than everyone else and play it all day and night cos they've got no life! :mad:
    They would be responsible for us failing uni! Plus the game developers but their nice people...we can't blame them...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone noticed how the AC-130 fired jettison flares when the heat-seeking missile was fired. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm only buying it if they've taken out f*cking Martyrdom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePants999)
    lol unlikely....how else would those people get kills if it was taken out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePants999)
    No, i hate teabaggers and this is the perfect way to kill those cocky douche bags :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone, if you want MW2 for £35, listen. Argos has an offer at the moment. It's £45 but if you preorder it with them, you get 20% off. Don't know when the offer ends though, so hurry anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Im about to pre-order my game now (: (: (:
    Cant wait...My AS Grades are going to suffer because of this game xD

I'm getting the Prestige Edition :cool:

ReputationRep:
    immense but, if you get a killstreak, get in the gunship, then get shot down, it might hinder your ability to get a better killstreak?? or it seemed as though the guy controlled it from a PC, but then standing around without getting shot for an age while you direct an airship? interesting to see how its executed, preordering in the next 2 or 3 weeks

ReputationRep:
    LOL @ the end. That game looks awesome, much better maps than cod4 it seems.

ReputationRep:
    I've actually got bored of cod4, have done for quite some time. I used to be pretty good at it, with a k/d ratio of 1.8+. Now however I seem to consistently score 1's. I don't know if the matchmaking system just puts me with really good players since I'm like 6 prestige or I've just become worse. Maybe I played better when it was new and I had a 'passion' for it.

I hope MW2 revives my interest in the series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    No, i hate teabaggers and this is the perfect way to kill those cocky douche bags :yep:
    lol people still teabag you? wow I didn't think they had enough time tbh...maybe on a game like Rfom but not Cod!

(Original post by Luca118)
    immense but, if you get a killstreak, get in the gunship, then get shot down, it might hinder your ability to get a better killstreak?? or it seemed as though the guy controlled it from a PC, but then standing around without getting shot for an age while you direct an airship? interesting to see how its executed, preordering in the next 2 or 3 weeks
    I dunno but I think they would do it somehow that you wouldn't die, cos that would kinda defeat the whole point of getting a good kill-streak if by calling in air support it will lead to you being more vulnerable...then again the number of times I've managed to kill meself with air-strikes :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    bigmo every FPS i have people constantly tbagging me.
    So i make it my mission to target their butts down, and hand it to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    I've actually got bored of cod4, have done for quite some time. I used to be pretty good at it, with a k/d ratio of 1.8+. Now however I seem to consistently score 1's. I don't know if the matchmaking system just puts me with really good players since I'm like 6 prestige or I've just become worse. Maybe I played better when it was new and I had a 'passion' for it.

I hope MW2 revives my interest in the series.
    It's kinda the opposite for me....I used to get about 2 k/d but now I get 5/6 k/d per game mostly cos its headquarters and I've got mates on my team...
    I just hope the game is server based...I hate playing with Americans who kill you much easier just because of the lag!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    S-f***ing-weet! Definitely pre-ordering now! And if ASDA/any other supermarket do happen to do an offer on release (ASDA did WaW for £35 I think it was, got it at midnight ), then the other will be sent back :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    OOooooOooooOOOoohhh (adds a stanza to the 'jizzed in my pants song' about modern warfare 2).

In all seriousness though, this game looks fantastic, can't wait! Though I really don't like how Activision feel they can charge an extra £10 for a game just because it's hyped. Halo 3 didn't do that, but if they did they'd definitely make a fortune. They should just stick to charging overpriced limited editions to make the extra money. This new higher price may edge other game developers to do the same if their game seems hyped.

The cheapest I've found is £42.99, from www.gameplay.co.uk, which is only about £3 more than what a new released game should cost - seems a very reasonable price to me, so I think gameplay will get my money over amazon or play.com this time As always I'll probably wait till a month before release with pre-ordering though; I expect prices should go down a bit... hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben F)
    OOooooOooooOOOoohhh (adds a stanza to the 'jizzed in my pants song' about modern warfare 2).

In all seriousness though, this game looks fantastic, can't wait! Though I really don't like how Activision feel they can charge an extra £10 for a game just because it's hyped. Halo 3 didn't do that, but if they did they'd definitely make a fortune. They should just stick to charging overpriced limited editions to make the extra money. This new higher price may edge other game developers to do the same if their game seems hyped.

The cheapest I've found is £42.99, from www.gameplay.co.uk, which is only about £3 more than what a new released game should cost - seems a very reasonable price to me, so I think gameplay will get my money over amazon or play.com this time As always I'll probably wait till a month before release with pre-ordering though; I expect prices should go down a bit... hopefully.
    Whenever I have pre-ordered anything from anywhere, they always say if the price goes up before release, you pay the price it stated when you ordered, and if it goes down, you pay the cheaper price.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.