Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We keep hearing that Gordon Brown is borrowing a LOT of money, but where exactly is he borrowing this money from?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    The Bank of England...very good question though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ∑ Я ĩ k ė s ħ ξ)
    The Bank of England...very good question though

I thought he was borrowing money to inject into the banks, not the other way around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123banana123)
    I thought he was borrowing money to inject into the banks, not the other way around?

He borrows it from the richest bank, money is generated and its secured as a loan. Thats how he borrows. He then injects it into all the other banks.

ReputationRep:
    Borrows it from the IMF, World Bank and other countries.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, I do apologise - It USED to be the Bank of England...read this:

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/ec...debt-financed/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think this is how government bonds work. The US government, for example, issues bonds (basically loans) with the Federal Reserve. This deals with debt. It's rather confusing

EDIT: ∑ Я ĩ k ė s ħ ξ (haha, had to copy and paste that) thanks for the link!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocoPop)
    Yeah, I think this is how government bonds work. The US government, for example, issues bonds (basically loans) with the Federal Reserve. This deals with debt. It's rather confusing

EDIT: ∑ Я ĩ k ė s ħ ξ (haha, had to copy and paste that) thanks for the link!

No problem dude.

ReputationRep:
    some of it is being printed

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.