Turn on thread page Beta

There is no such thing as an attractive fat girl. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    In that case, why worry? :p:
    Because "feeling fine" doesn't make you healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Really?
    Definitely, yeah. :yep:
    The one thing I don't like is muscle, but I prefer overweight/'obese' people to thinner guys without excessive muscle. Of course, that's not saying personality couldn't over-rule if I met a great, but muscled, guy - it's just not my thing and fat is.

ReputationRep:
    I find your misconception funny. I wasn't basing my health on 'when was the last time I was ill?' - I was basing it on 'how do I feel overall?'.
    Amazingly, many people are capable of understanding their own body, and knowing their own size without being told. :p:
    I have to disagree with that measure of health I'm afraid..In an extreme caase you could have any number of diseases health problems looming and still feel fine, and the same for stuff that goes on over time (say binge drinking)

I would say being healthy is going to the doctor and getting a full check up and him saying "you are healthy, active person, I would expect you to live a long healthy life if you continue the way you are going"

I dont know if you would pass (I probably would not ) but just thinking personally 'how do I feel overall?' would not go very far if I was attempting to gain a realistic assessment of my own health.

I've not been fat all my life.
    Psychological experiments have shown humans cannot recall prior interior feelings. I'm not agreeing with the OP, I think overweight women can be attractive, but cpj1987 is speaking unscientifically.

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I don't like is muscle, but I prefer overweight/'obese' people to thinner guys without excessive muscle. Of course, that's not saying personality couldn't over-rule if I met a great, but muscled, guy - it's just not my thing and fat is.
    iM EXACLTY THE SAME, I LOVE PORKY MEN.

ReputationRep:
    Ooohhh dear, theres no hope for me then... BOOOOOOOOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    I wasnt aware that was his job. Or indeed anyone's job (except maybe a counsellor).

If girls want self confidence boost they can try posting pics in H&R (good luck with that! :rolleyes: ).
    OP has stated his case (admittedly in an abrasive manner) and if people here are taking personal offence then maybe that unfortunately says as much about their insecurities as his potentially offensive views...

I'm not saying that its their job to boost self confidence but out there there are a lot of 'big' girls who will read this and feel gutted and feel unloved, thinking they have to lose weight to have a partner in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    iM EXACLTY THE SAME, I LOVE PORKY MEN.
    SNAP! Me too

(Original post by Donnahh)
    SNAP! Me too
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorian gray)
    Spoiler:
    Show

:drool:
    My eyes they burn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amozzio)
    I'm not saying that its their job to boost self confidence but out there there are a lot of 'big' girls who will read this and feel gutted and feel unloved, thinking they have to lose weight to have a partner in life.
    Im pretty sure im not going to die alone because i have a spare tyre, id rather lose weight for me not for some bloke :dontknow: maybe im rare, a fat girl with confidence :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    SNAP! Me too
    Eeeeeeeeew, noooo :puke:
    I love the world :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    But that guy is incredibly fat, and is probably at risk from all sorts of obesity related things.
    Why would you want your partner to die early and not be healthy and get out of breath running and not be 100% active with children? I wouldn't be able to stand seeing someone I love damaging their body, just like with excessive smoking or drugs.

ReputationRep:
    SNAP! Me too
    I made a "i love fat guys" thread ages ago, no idea where it is now :moon:

(Original post by Trigger)
    Im pretty sure im not going to die alone because i have a spare tyre, id rather lose weight for me not for some bloke :dontknow: maybe im rare, a fat girl with confidence :eek3:
    Meh, you know you'd really lose the weight for some bloke.

People say they'd lose it for themselves, but i think it's almost always to look more attractive to the opposite sex.

ReputationRep:
    Ooohhh dear, theres no hope for me then... BOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Ahah, if there's no hope for you, there's no hope for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO

"Oh no, I don't like guys who are in shape and put together a disciplined workout routine and diet plan, I like guys who sit on their asses all day and eat too much deep fried crap. MMMMMM... fat"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justkillingtime)
    LMFAO

"Oh no, I don't like guys who are in shape and put together a disciplined workout routine and diet plan, I like guys who sit on their asses all day and eat too much deep fried garbage. MMMMMM... fat"
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Meh, you know you'd really lose the weight for some bloke.

People say they'd lose it for themselves, but i think it's almost always to look more attractive to the opposite sex.
    Well of course if i lost weight id be considered more attractivve and i might meet a bloke, thats a given adn its something i want to start doing. However if i was in a relationship that started when im this size and i hadnt got any fatter and he said "youre too fat lose weight" i wouldn't unless i was crazy fat and got heartburn answering the phone :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Not if they're unable to move because of it, no; but not all overweight/obese people are at that stage.
    For example, I'm classed as 'obese' according to BMI (I'm in my sig, for reference), as would be the following person, who is of the weight I find attractive:

It all depends on the individual. I'm certainly not unhealthy, but I am 'obese'. The OP seems to think anyone 'overweight' is an unhealthy blob, whereas I'm past that stage and really consider myself healthy.
    :puke:
    If you're clinically obese then you are not healthy, regardless of how you "feel." I have a fat friend who always made similar claims, until he came along to football training one day and suddenly seemed a lot less "fine" and "healthy."

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.