Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is no such thing as an attractive fat girl. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    But that guy is incredibly fat, and is probably at risk from all sorts of obesity related things.
    Why would you want your partner to die early and not be healthy and get out of breath running and not be 100% active with children? I wouldn't be able to stand seeing someone I love damaging their body, just like with excessive smoking or drugs.
    Of course I wouldn't want them to die early. That's just what I find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Im pretty sure im not going to die alone because i have a spare tyre, id rather lose weight for me not for some bloke :dontknow: maybe im rare, a fat girl with confidence :eek3:
    It is rare to find big people with so much confidence, if your happy the shape you are then HEY! nobody is stopping you its a good thing. But for those people out there who aren't happy and live their lives for losing weight and exercising they are going to start wondering 'Why do i bother' because as long as they are the slightest bit overweight there will always be people to criticize and moan about them not being a size 8-10 or whatever.

Also the media is affecting big people too with all the pressure to be size zero. So why don't all you people criticizing give it a rest for now.

:emog:

Well of course if i lost weight id be considered more attractivve and i might meet a bloke, thats a given adn its something i want to start doing. However if i was in a relationship that started when im this size and i hadnt got any fatter and he said "youre too fat lose weight" i wouldn't unless i was crazy fat and got heartburn answering the phone :dontknow:
    What if he agreed to do something similar, like i dunno, work out extra? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amozzio)
    I'm not saying that its their job to boost self confidence but out there there are a lot of 'big' girls who will read this and feel gutted and feel unloved, thinking they have to lose weight to have a partner in life.
    As I said their insecurity would be letting them get upset over some random person online's view..
    They need to work on that insecurity first. And yes, in some cases, I do think that means going for a jog.

ReputationRep:
    So how fat are we talking about here? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I made a "i love fat guys" thread ages ago, no idea where it is now :moon:
    Are you fat yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    What if he agreed to do something similar, like i dunno, work out extra? :unsure:
    I Like fat guys, see my sig. If he got with me at a size 16 then he must have found me attractive. Saying that i dont want to lose weight because im not happy with me atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayla Phoenix)
    Either way, they find it attractive :dontknow:
    You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, fact is, fat girls don't need your validation to feel attractive. End of.
    Yes they do

*runs off whistling loudly with fingers in ears*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Are you fat yourself?
    Size 16, ive mentioned it about 4 times, try reading the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)

It all depends on the individual. I'm certainly not unhealthy, but I am 'obese'. The OP seems to think anyone 'overweight' is an unhealthy blob, whereas I'm past that stage and really consider myself healthy.
    Are you serious? You think your heart is in good condition? What about your cholesterol? arteries? Want to know your heart disease and diabetes chances?

and finally, wanna join me on nice brisk jog?

Oh wow, wake up.

ReputationRep:
    See, this confuses me. The OP says he only likes thin girls; he's making a claim about his preference (in whatever stupid way he tries to make it); yet when a few of us say we actually like larger people, we get laughed at as though WE'RE not allowed a preference.

I Like fat guys, see my sig. If he got with me at a size 16 then he must have found me attractive. Saying that i dont want to lose weight because im not happy with me atm.
    He's not fat, he's chubby and jolly :p:

But i know what you mean. But still, it's healthier!

Well, medical research suggests that it's healthiest to be pudgy in the 20s (child bearing years), slim and active during midlife and pudgy again in later life for women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amozzio)
    Also the media is affecting big people too with all the pressure to be size zero. So why don't all you people criticizing give it a rest for now.

:emog:
    I think pressure such as that which affects all girls (but only to the amount they let it affect them note) to be so skinny that they are unhealthy is a bad thing, dont get me wrong.

But more moderate pressure for overweight people to slim down FOR THEIR OWN HEALTH's SAKE? its not crime you make it out to be.
    It is the kind of pressure your parents and doctor might give you, the advice of people with your best interests at heart..

I disagree with the OP that ALL 'fat girls' are unattractive, for some girls it works.. but for the majority it is not only unattractive in itself, it hints also of a lack of self motivation to do work for the sake of one's own health, which to the majority is both unattractive and a bit worrying..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)

Chubby is fine
    dinner is served

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    He's not fat, he's chubby and jolly :p:

But i know what you mean. But still, it's healthier!
    yeah but who has time to lean and musculer? Meh id rather be a bit tubby and have that slice of cake then living on steamed veg and beign down the gym 24/7. Im ideal size is a 12, i like to have meat on my bones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Are you serious? You think your heart is in good condition? What about your cholesterol? arteries? Want to know your heart disease and diabetes chances?

and finally, wanna join me on nice brisk jog?

Oh wow, wake up.
    Jog? No thanks. Not my thing.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but who has time to lean and musculer? Meh id rather be a bit tubby and have that slice of cake then living on steamed veg and beign down the gym 24/7. Im ideal size is a 12, i like to have meat on my bones.
    Even most hardcore lifters only spend an average of 3 hours a week at the gym.

Good to see you don't know what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    See, this confuses me. The OP says he only likes thin girls; he's making a claim about his preference (in whatever stupid way he tries to make it); yet when a few of us say we actually like larger people, we get laughed at as though WE'RE not allowed a preference.
    haha, you make a very good point, and I really think it has little to do with "health" and more to do with appearances.

Well it's probably right what you're doing anyway :unsure: Assuming you're going to be giving birth anytime soon :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justkillingtime)
    Even most hardcore lifters only spend an average of 3 hours a week at the gym.

Good to see you don't know what you're talking about.
    :rolleyes: i wasnt being literal you fool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.