ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Ahaa, shush you
    Exactly, you're not fat! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    :O Where to? I'm guessing Uni?
    Manchester for Medicine. Ahhhh the city
    (that was a contented Ahhh not a scared Ahhh)
    See i live in small village outside Brackley and there is NOTHING and NO ONE here. And i can't drive :cry:

ReputationRep:
    If people can accept that we are not saying fat people should instead be underweight 'size -2' skeletons merely that they should ideally not be overweight.

Young, athletic individuals of either gender and among animals are the most attractive. Biologically. The few should feel free to kid yourself that you prefer overweight people.

But in general a younger, more athletic individual is more physically attractive surely?
    [tho obviously not too young!]

ReputationRep:
    There is no logic in that
    Surely then people only deserve partners who are exactly the same in every way to them?
    All I was trying to say is that it's a bit ironic if a fat guy looks at a fat girl and thinks eeewwww thats disgusting, I mean take a look in the mirror! Basically if he's not mr perfect then he can't expect to get a perfect girl either and the kind of girl he wants (one with a perfect body) is probably out of his league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    Manchester for Medicine. Ahhhh the city
    (that was a contented Ahhh not a scared Ahhh)
    See i live in small village outside Brackley and there is NOTHING and NO ONE here. And i can't drive :cry:
    Oooh sounds good! You little genius Eugh, villages are nice, but I'd hate to live in one... Aww learn to drive then! I'm busy learning ahaaa it's a right cracker :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see how hard it is to lose weight. I used to be a bit chubby but just basic willpower to not eat as much and go for a walk will bring it down. Seriously, seeing obese people does make me feel sorry for them but I can't help but wonder why they let themselves be and stay like that.

The fat gene may as well not exist too.

What bugs me the most is people doing exercise then pigging out at McDonalds with the excuse of "I just did exercise!". You may as well not have bothered, love.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh sounds good! You little genius Eugh, villages are nice, but I'd hate to live in one... Aww learn to drive then! I'm busy learning ahaaa it's a right cracker :woo:
    lawl i turned 17 in feb this year and havent really managed to get my shed together sufficiently to buy a car/ driving lessons yet... and it's all rather late now i think i'll leave it for next year
    when i stillhave no money
    I'll probably never learn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justkillingtime)
    Why do you lie?
    I'm not lying!
    Some of those girls... you'd be eating humble pie if you saw them!

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as an attractive fat guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperAllano)
    I'm not lying!
    Not sure there would be any pie going spare in the area...

(Original post by Dr Acula)
    There is no such thing as an attractive fat guy.
    Yes, I agree.
    Although it should be in a separate thread..

ReputationRep:
    I'm not lying!
    No I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not lying!
    they'd be the ones eating the pie amirite amirite?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Young, athletic individuals of either gender and among animals are the most attractive. Biologically.
    not really

biologically men tend to prefer curvy women to athletic builds - it's all in the waist to hip ratio as an indicator of fertility

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    not really

biologically men tend to prefer curvy wimen to athletic builds - it's all in the waist to hip ratio as an indicator of fertility
    that sounds about right :yep:

but fat =/= curvy

ReputationRep:
    no one thinks fat people are attractive unless they have a fetish for lardyness and that is a tiny population of 0.000000000000000000000000000000 00012345 people. close thread now? dang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Why is liking fat people a fetish, and liking thin people not?
    being fat is unnatural, similarly being attracted to that isn't the norm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Clearly not, otherwise it wouldn't happen. Is being attracted to thin people a fetish too? :p: Is there one specific size you need to like, and anything even remotely thinner or fatter is a fetish?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    hairy armpits are natural - is any bloke who likes a girl to shave her pits a fetishist too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    but fat =/= curvy
    Although you do increasingly hear this as overweight people try and justify their size

"i'm not fat I'm curvy"

(Original post by PQ)
    not really

biologically men tend to prefer curvy women to athletic builds - it's all in the waist to hip ratio as an indicator of fertility
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/...e-fertile.html
    http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology...ekanayake.html
    okay, I am wrongly using athletic perhaps. What I mean is 'Not overweight and on the skinny side of 'correct' weight'

Regardless the overweight people the OP is indicating would not be hitting the 'large hips & breast' & 'narrow-waisted' criteria I think you are describing. They would simply be large everything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.