Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is no such thing as an attractive fat girl. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Clearly not, otherwise it wouldn't happen.
    Would you agree that as your weight increases above normal it is increasingly worse for your health, and that if you get too fat you will just straight out die?
    [and of course the same for underweight]

And that it is natural for humans to be alive till they are old?

Thus can you see that being extremely fat is extremly unnatuaral, and a little fat is a little unnatural etc.
    [again the same for skinny people I am not trying to be overly fatist (although I expect that is how I am appearing... )]

ReputationRep:
    I've been told by certain people on tsr that I'm fat. My boyfriend also said that one of the problems in our relationship is that I'm not as thin as I used to be; this is coming from a guy going bald at 23 (who I loved, and only stopped loving because of that comment, not because of how he looks).
    So where the **** are the guys who aren't as shallow as "99.9999% of the population of guys", as the OP seems to suggest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Clearly not, otherwise it wouldn't happen. Is being attracted to thin people a fetish too? :p: Is there one specific size you need to like, and anything even remotely thinner or fatter is a fetish?
    It is, you are simply misunderstanding. The body isn't designed to deal with holding excess weight, a fact clearly shown by the numerous health problems encountered by fat people. Because fat people are normally seen as unnattractive, having them linked to sexual desire then becomes a fetish.

Same with urinating fetishes, etc.

(Original post by PQ)
    hairy armpits are natural - is any bloke who likes a girl to shave her pits a fetishist too?
    Well done at creating a straw man there. See above for clarification

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    I've been told by certain people on tsr that I'm fat. My boyfriend also said that one of the problems in our relationship is that I'm not as thin as I used to be; this is coming from a guy going bald at 23 (who I loved, and only stopped loving because of that comment, not because of how he looks).
    So where the **** are the guys who aren't as shallow as "99.9999% of the population of guys", as the OP seems to suggest?
    So, because your boyfriend is suffering from a condition completely outside of his control, you believe it is unreasonable for him to raise an issue which is usually very easily remedied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Would you agree that as your weight increases above normal it is increasingly worse for your health, and that if you get too fat you will just straight out die?
    [and of course the same for underweight]

And that it is natural for humans to be alive till they are old?

Thus can you see that being extremely fat is extremly unnatuaral, and a little fat is a little unnatural etc.
    [again the same for skinny people I am not trying to be overly fatist (although I expect that is how I am appearing... )]
    I agree that people should try and keep themselves in shape. But some of this is rubbish. Our life expectancy has been rising all the time. Define: natural. We didn't live this long back in the early years. Humans have created things such as medice to keep them longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justkillingtime)
    End of story.

I don't give half a damn what kind of "LET EVERYONE BE HOW THEY WANT WE'RE ALL BEAUTIFUL11!!!1!!" rhetoric you spew. The fact is never going to change, fat woman are ugly as ****. All of them. There is no physical attribute that will make a fat girl attractive, not gigantic monster-tits, not perfect skin, and nothing she could wear either.

"WAAAAA BEAUTY IS RELATIVE" you say? "SOME GUYS LIKE FAT GIRLS11!!1!!" you say?

And some people get turned on by watching men get plowed in the ass by horses.

The fact is that 99.9% of men feel the EXACT same way as I do about this, and out of those who do go after fat women - you can bet that 99% of the time they're "just making do", and if you offered them a girl with a decent physique, they'd jump on the opportunity faster than lightning.
    You're a silly liar, OP. Shut the **** up and get laid :mfing:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Although you do increasingly hear this as overweight people try and justify their size

"i'm not fat I'm curvy"

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...e-fertile.html
    http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology...ekanayake.html
    okay, I am wrongly using athletic perhaps. What I mean is 'Not overweight and on the skinny side of 'correct' weight'

Regardless the overweight people the OP is indicating would not be hitting the 'large hips & breast' & 'narrow-waisted' criteria I think you are describing. They would simply be large everything.
    It's a ratio though, it's about the relative difference between a persons measurements not their measurements against an absolute scale - I'm size 16, thirteen stone odd - but with a waist:hips ratio of .76 - I've got a friend who's teeny tiny skinny but has a waist:hips ratio of .86 - she's straight up and down athletic build.

It's as much about where you carry weight that affects your "attractiveness" and your propensity to heart attacks as the actual amount of weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It's a ratio though, it's about the relative difference between a persons measurements not their measurements against an absolute scale - I'm size 16, thirteen stone odd - but with a waist:hips ratio of .76 - I've got a friend who's teeny tiny skinny but has a waist:hips ratio of .86 - she's straight up and down athletic build.

It's as much about where you carry weight that affects your "attractiveness" and your propensity to heart attacks as the actual amount of weight.
    Yeah, fair enough :yep:
    Id agree in terms of health its more the fat on the inside (arteries etc.) that is going to do the damage. I wouldnt say 'inside' and 'outside' fat are entirely uncorrelated though..

ReputationRep:
    Ah i am very lucky that im fat but in proportion so i look thinner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    Fat's nasty...unless you're a chubby chaser. A fuller figure is all well and good, someone like Jodie Prenger, but with most fat people instead of thinking, 'They're pretty,' you think, 'They'd look nice if they lost some of that weight' - people like Dawn French.

To find rolls of fat attractive (like that monstrous Miss England woman or whatever it was she won) must be something of a fetish. Not nice.
    Dawn french dropped 10 dress sizes for her wedding, but she hated being skinny, so she went back to how she felt happiest.
    I somewhat respect her for that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

This is true.

To be honest, the proportions matter alot. Guys who are free of the stigma placed on big girls tend to like the girls with more "feminine" figures, through and through.

The fat girls who carry more of their weight on their stomach than anywhere else are almost as unhealthy as men who are the same size, whereas (moderately) fat girls with said girly proportions are usually alot healthier and more fertile that way. I'll find an example of such if you like.

ReputationRep:
    of coarse looks matter to most people but is it not a persons personality that should be the deciding factor if u like them of not??
    sure obesity causes health problems and is a turn off but should a person not be aloud to make their own mind up if their fat and not have to be ridiculed by society ?? just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    yeah fat girl are not hot but curvy girls are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Acula)
    There is no such thing as an attractive fat guy.
    What about an attractive thin guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)

Nobody?
    Will someone clean those disgusting feet!

(Original post by 300mg)
    I really don't see how hard it is to lose weight. I used to be a bit chubby but just basic willpower to not eat as much and go for a walk will bring it down. Seriously, seeing obese people does make me feel sorry for them but I can't help but wonder why they let themselves be and stay like that.

The fat gene may as well not exist too.

What bugs me the most is people doing exercise then pigging out at McDonalds with the excuse of "I just did exercise!". You may as well not have bothered, love.
    That doesnt always work, well for me anyway.
    Im not obese, just like 5lb overweight. But i eat healthy, and walk at least 5 miles everyday, hell i went on a 15 mile walk last saturday :woo: I go to the gym and go running, but i fear pain, for example when your muscles start to burn, so i find it really hard to push myself. Although i love running on the treadmill :love:
    But yeah, stopping at mcdonalds after a workout lulz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    You're a silly liar, OP. Shut the **** up and get laid :mfing:
    The great irony is I probably get laid more often with genuinely attractive women in a year, than you ever will in your entire life.

ReputationRep:
    This a really funny thread. I was on the train yesterday and there was a fat girl in front of me. She had big legs and I thought to myself how u gon lift her legs to get to the goods. Hard facts of life- No one likes fat people-period. Welcome to the real world!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)

Nobody?
    :oink:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justkillingtime)
    The great irony is I probably get laid more often with genuinely attractive women in a year, than you ever will in your entire life.
    :facepalm2:

I highly doubt you will get any women, whereas I will get delicious, sensual big girls :love:

Mmm do want :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    :facepalm2:

I highly doubt you will get any women, whereas I will continue to masturbate over hideous blobs :love:

Mmm do want :coma:
    You don't say.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.