Turn on thread page Beta

There is no such thing as an attractive fat girl. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz220807)
    Agreed.

Some people find fat people attractive, 99.99999999% don't. It's brilliant that you fall into the second catagory but shockingly it doesn't make what you think right.
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    Me too

Seriously, i think the thing people get so upset about, is not the obesity thing, its what TSR classes as fat, anyone over a size 10 apparently. This is the thing that pisses me off most.
    Im Size 12, healthy and fit, but just because im not one inch taller, it makes me fat/obese? :rolleyes:
    Well, I'm quite fat (by TSR standards anyway), sinse I'm size 14, but I find myself healthier than most people I know (including) skinny people, save for occasional bouts of flu. The thing is, I did slim down a lot in the past, and found myself no happier than before, and so I just decided live my life the way I want, and exercise to keep being healthy and enjoy my life, not to lose weight so that someone on TSR would find me attractive :rolleyes: .
    And to OP, sinse fat people are a medical disaster waiting to happen, then so are people who drink and smoke excessively, people who sleep around, etc, etc. Just round them up and shoot them or are fat people the only target you can see in your narrow mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justkillingtime)
    Oh please, get over it.

I don't care about the media - I go outside, I see fat people, they're all violently unattractive.

I've seen "fat models" too, they're also violently unattractive.

Sure you may find 0.5% of the male population who disagrees with me, but the other 99.5% see things exactly how I do.
    Why don't YOU get over it. If you find them so unattractive well just don't look at them!

Actually, I'm very interested to see what you look like so we can judge you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Well, I'm quite fat (by TSR standards anyway), sinse I'm size 14, but I find myself healthier than most people I know (including) skinny people, save for occasional bouts of flu. The thing is, I did slim down a lot in the past, and found myself no happier than before, and so I just decided live my life the way I want, and exercise to keep being healthy and enjoy my life, not to lose weight so that someone on TSR would find me attractive :rolleyes: .
    And to OP, sinse fat people are a medical disaster waiting to happen, then so are people who drink and smoke excessively, people who sleep around, etc, etc. Just round them up and shoot them or are fat people the only target you can see in your narrow mind?
    Oh please. You think not catching colds often makes you healthy?

Right. Enjoy your increased risk of heart attacks, cancer, diabetes, etc, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Oh for Christ's sake can we give it a rest with the weight threads, who honestly gives a **** what you think anyway? Because the whole of TSR is desperate to be at a weight that is attractive to YOU, bro. Oh hells yeah. If you don't want a fat girlfriend, don't get a fat girlfriend. If it's such a big deal I'm sure sexual selection pressures will skinny out the female population. Innit. Mind your business, eat your government mandated greens and take your daily government mandated exercise and SHUT THE **** UP already.
    :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Fixed.
    Depends completely on their definition of 'fat'.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. You think not catching colds often makes you healthy?

Right. Enjoy your increased risk of heart attacks, cancer, diabetes, etc, etc.
    Oh, please , you are such an expert when it comes to health? I wouldn't say I have an increased risk of heart attack/cancer/diabetes and neither does my doctor. Enjoy your bitter life- why would I presume that its bitter? Because a normal, happy person wouldn't go round posting threads like that.
    P.S I did say that I catch colds occasionally. But that does not make me any less healthy than you, and neither does my weight. And not catching colds is a good indicator of overall health and immunity.

ReputationRep:
    Fixed.
    When you have done a comprehensive survey of the male population then you can quote percentages. Until then you're just making an assumption based on your own views and the views of your (probably equally as rude) friends. Plenty of 'fat' people are in happy relationships, plenty are married, plenty attract a lot of admirers; I'm not saying a 30 stone lard-arse who can't get out of bed and sits there eating family sized KFC buckets is attractive, but a post on here suggests anything above a 12 is fat- I'm sorry but many people would find that being in the normal BMI range would make them a size 12 or more.

ReputationRep:
    Fat's nasty...unless you're a chubby chaser. A fuller figure is all well and good, someone like Jodie Prenger, but with most fat people instead of thinking, 'They're pretty,' you think, 'They'd look nice if they lost some of that weight' - people like Dawn French.

To find rolls of fat attractive (like that monstrous Miss England woman or whatever it was she won) must be something of a fetish. Not nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatexW)
    Why don't YOU get over it. If you find them so unattractive well just don't look at them!

Actually, I'm very interested to see what you look like so we can judge you...
    I don't think his problem is seeing them, I think it's the fact that society often tries to be such a strong enabler of obesity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    I don't think his problem is seeing them, I think it's the fact that society often tries to be such a strong enabler of obesity.
    Can I ask what you mean by 'enabler'? You think that society actively encourages obesity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Can I ask what you mean by 'enabler'? You think that society actively encourages obesity?
    To be fair I think it probably does. With clothing for instance - even though we've now got vanity sizing, clothes are made in ever larger sizes, making people think it's acceptable to be a 20, or a 24.

Towns are full of fast food joints, supermarkets are full of ready meals, there's no cooking instruction in schools these days to teach children how to prepare healthy meals.

We have a PC society where it's ok to criticize skinny people but you're not allowed to criticize fat people.

You see grotesquely fat people far outnumber normal-sized people, and the thing is you know they just don't care, otherwise they wouldn't go out flaunting themselves like that, so it has to be that they think it's acceptable in society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    To be fair I think it probably does. With clothing for instance - even though we've now got vanity sizing, clothes are made in ever larger sizes, making people think it's acceptable to be a 20, or a 24.

Towns are full of fast food joints, supermarkets are full of ready meals, there's no cooking instruction in schools these days to teach children how to prepare healthy meals.

We have a PC society where it's ok to criticize skinny people but you're not allowed to criticize fat people.

You see grotesquely fat people far outnumber normal-sized people, and the thing is you know they just don't care, otherwise they wouldn't go out flaunting themselves like that, so it has to be that they think it's acceptable in society.
    Making people think it's acceptable isn't the same as encouraging it, though. It IS acceptable, but the general social opinion seems to me to still be that thinner is better - note all the exercise and slimming pill adverts on television.
    I agree about the fast food thing, though to some extent it's necessary. I'm a large girl, but I live a very busy life and part of that is that, though I eat very healthily at home, microwave meals are the best option for my lunches at work - they're cheaper and more convenient than healthier options.
    I'm entirely happy being the size and weight I am, and personally, I'd rather be fat than thin any day; I fail to see why someone's weight is a problem until it becomes damaging to their health though, and the simple fact is that to me, rather than encouraging people to be overweight, society currently pushes people the other way - you're more unhealthy being slightly underweight than you are being overweight, because your body, rather than getting too much, is missing out on what it needs.
    I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to criticise fat people and should be able to criticise thin people, though, of course.

ReputationRep:
    lol so true. im a girl and 128ibs, 5ft 3 high. is that fat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzysmummy01)
    Look mate, whack a picture of yourself on here so we can see how fugly you are!! i think u probably have a case of shallow hal, a loser trying to punch above his weight, and maybe ur so fugly even the fat girls dont want u!!!!!!
    I'm not understanding why whenever someone posts a thread like this they get accused of being ugly, or fat themselves or whatever (at least I think that's what it said, it was tough to decipher). Why can't we just accept that a lot of normal people share this opinion at least to an extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s810207)
    lol so true. im a girl and 128ibs, 5ft 3 high. is that fat?
    No, that's 'ideal' according to BMI.

ReputationRep:
    I think there are good looking people who are overweight (BMI 25-30) but I would probably agree that at 30+ I would not consider you attractive

ReputationRep:
    Not in all cases, but often yes. The media and our education systems are all over accepting people "as they are" and is obsessed with making sure nobody is ever offended by anything. Instead of focusing on reducing obesity by spreading awareness of how amazingly unhealthy it is, we're supposed to just shut up about it lest we hurt someone's feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Not in all cases, but often yes. The media and our education systems are all over accepting people "as they are" and is obsessed with making sure nobody is ever offended by anything. Instead of focusing on reducing obesity by spreading awareness of how amazingly unhealthy it is, we're supposed to just shut up about it lest we hurt someone's feelings.
    Well, why do you need to tell people they're unhealthy? Do you not think people are aware enough of their own bodies to realise if they are?
    Seems strange that you think fat people aren't aware that they're fat.

ReputationRep:
    No, that's 'ideal' according to BMI.
    Cool thanks x

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.