Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe in them?

As i was on a train today and a bird feather came from nowhere and landed on a train seat in front of me and this got me thinking of an article that i read in a magazine a few months ago about guardian angels and how if you see a white feather next to you it does mean that an angel was looking after you especially if you have been having a hard time.

Well I'm a christian and don't look up to those such things apart from Jesus christ and the holy spirit to be looking and watching after me.

ReputationRep:
    Or it means some bird just lost a feather and it fell through the air and happened to land next to you.

I believe in their being total ********, along with the Holy Spirit, but not Raptor Jesus, who is as real as the Lesser-Spotted Fnord. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe it in the slightest.

To me its just another one of those things thats been dreamed up somewhere along the line to make people feel better about things/certain situations. I suppose its reassuring to believe theres something out there looking after you.

Thats just my opinion though, im fine with people believing in whatever they want.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to believe that (make me feel better) but I just can't.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I believe wholeheartedly in Guardian Angels. I'm not religious particularly, though I do have certain beliefs, but I definitely believe that people have Guardian Angels.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, is this for real? Do all the starving kids in Africa have lazy guardian angels, or don't poorer people get one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Oh wow, is this for real? Do all the starving kids in Africa have lazy guardian angels, or don't poorer people get one?
    I doubt a Guardian Angel could give them food lol

ReputationRep:
    If they exist I cannot see their use. Why would we need guardian angels when God always looks over us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    I doubt a Guardian Angel could give them food lol
    ok so, how would they 'look over' or 'protect' people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    ok so, how would they 'look over' or 'protect' people?
    I never said I believed in them man (Y)

But I'd assume that people believe that they are there to help them if an accident occurs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.