Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe in them?

As i was on a train today and a bird feather came from nowhere and landed on a train seat in front of me and this got me thinking of an article that i read in a magazine a few months ago about guardian angels and how if you see a white feather next to you it does mean that an angel was looking after you especially if you have been having a hard time.

Well I'm a christian and don't look up to those such things apart from Jesus christ and the holy spirit to be looking and watching after me.

ReputationRep:
    Or it means some bird just lost a feather and it fell through the air and happened to land next to you.

I believe in their being total ********, along with the Holy Spirit, but not Raptor Jesus, who is as real as the Lesser-Spotted Fnord. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe it in the slightest.

To me its just another one of those things thats been dreamed up somewhere along the line to make people feel better about things/certain situations. I suppose its reassuring to believe theres something out there looking after you.

Thats just my opinion though, im fine with people believing in whatever they want.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to believe that (make me feel better) but I just can't.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I believe wholeheartedly in Guardian Angels. I'm not religious particularly, though I do have certain beliefs, but I definitely believe that people have Guardian Angels.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, is this for real? Do all the starving kids in Africa have lazy guardian angels, or don't poorer people get one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Oh wow, is this for real? Do all the starving kids in Africa have lazy guardian angels, or don't poorer people get one?
    I doubt a Guardian Angel could give them food lol

ReputationRep:
    If they exist I cannot see their use. Why would we need guardian angels when God always looks over us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gjaykay)
    I doubt a Guardian Angel could give them food lol
    ok so, how would they 'look over' or 'protect' people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    ok so, how would they 'look over' or 'protect' people?
    I never said I believed in them man (Y)

But I'd assume that people believe that they are there to help them if an accident occurs.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.