Turn on thread page Beta

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS) watch

ReputationRep:
    Its a remake of a classic SNES/Super-famicon game released over 10 years ago.

I recently found out that this remake existed and there was a European release.

I would really love to play this again however there is a slight problem. After Playing DQ VIII in English, with all the estranged names of spells and monsters the game had lost all of its charm, Making it just a generic JRPG.

I would really love to play this updated version of DQ:V in its original Japanese script and was wondering if the European release contained a multi-language pack including Japanese?

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to help you out, but I simply don't know.

You're much better off asking at gamefaq.com on the DragonQuest boards.

ReputationRep:
    Though I don't have it, I would presume that given the DS's limited storage capactity, it's unlikely that they did include multiple languages. I'd guess your only option would be to import it.

ReputationRep:
    go to yesasia and import it, its free p&p to the uk and the prices are pretty good. I get the ace attorney games from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Though I don't have it, I would presume that given the DS's limited storage capactity, it's unlikely that they did include multiple languages. I'd guess your only option would be to import it.
    Ah but on the Japanese release the game contained other language packs in the ROM files, unplayable but proving storage isnt a issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    I'd love to help you out, but I simply don't know.

You're much better off asking at gamefaq.com on the DragonQuest boards.
    If you have the game yourself, You can switch the language of your DS to japanese via the settings in the dashboard then start DQ and see what happens :yep:

But I appreciate all the replys. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I have it but I didn't see any option for changing the language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I have it but I didn't see any option for changing the language.
    DId you change the system language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    DId you change the system language?
    Didn't try that.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.