Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls - pill prescription help! watch

Announcements

Firstly, I know this should go into the main thread but of all the 4 posts I have made in there over the past several months not one has been answered and this is kinda urgent.

So I forgot to bring my next pack of cilest with me to my dad's and even if my mum posts them (which may never happen anyway) they might not get here on time. I'm supposed to go onto them next week.

So is it possible to get the pill from anywhere other than your normal GP? Is there a way to get an early prescription even though I should be good for another month? My parents are divorced and I live at my dad's during the summer whereas my GP is back up near my mum. I really don't want to miss a month because it would screw with my cycle
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Firstly, I know this should go into the main thread but of all the 4 posts I have made in there over the past several months not one has been answered and this is kinda urgent.

So I forgot to bring my next pack of cilest with me to my dad's and even if my mum posts them (which may never happen anyway) they might not get here on time. I'm supposed to go onto them next week.

So is it possible to get the pill from anywhere other than your normal GP? Is there a way to get an early prescription even though I should be good for another month? My parents are divorced and I live at my dad's during the summer whereas my GP is back up near my mum. I really don't want to miss a month because it would screw with my cycle

Your best bet is to visit a GP local to your Dad's (perhaps you Dad's GP?) There, you can register as a temporary resident, they'll giver you a form you fill in and you can tell them how long you're staying at your Dad's, and while you're there you can receive treatment from that particular GP's surgery. Then, you can ask for another prescription of your normal pill. If they don't want to prescribe your normal pill after you've explained the situation, perhaps ask for the mini pill? Some people take this during their 7-day break (if you have one?) to delay their period, and then go on to take the next pack of pills. Of course, you'll have to speak to a GP to find out how all of this works for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as the above poster said, go and sign up as a temporary resident, they will treat you then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.