Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Ahh yes, my post isn't clear enough, I meant no/few chavs attending the actual university, so I might escape them for a while during classes etc. As for being in the town centre it isn't that bad since they are not in the majority and I can just ignore their antics so long as they are not directed at me. Also as long as the nightclubs don't have the entire collection/playlist as trance/cheesy dance then I will survive. As for the cars I will be fine so long as they don't run me over or wake me up :p:
    omg... the temptation to dress up as a chav, complete with Samsung D500 blaring bad trance and gangsta rap, peaked cap and kappa tracksuit, dripping in fake gold, and eating macsatans in a twin-turbo-exhaust vauxhall astra... and come to trinity just to find you.

that would be a monumentous prank. innit.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    A visiting student from Germany in my house this year often struggled to differentiate between chav girls and students. Considering the recent plummet in clothing fashions here, I had to concede he had a point :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Prankster Pixie)
    omg... the temptation to dress up as a chav, complete with Samsung D500 blaring bad trance and gangsta rap, peaked cap and kappa tracksuit, dripping in fake gold, and eating macsatans in a twin-turbo-exhaust vauxhall astra... and come to trinity just to find you.

that would be a monumentous prank. innit.

:p:
    O god please don't. Lol the domination of chavs around here is somewhat ridiculous especially when it comes to nightclubs :sadnod: I am hoping to me able to go to a nightclub and for once hear music I like without chavs getting pissed on wkd :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arrogant Git)
    Cambridge chavs are quite civilised. They don't even tuck their tracky bottoms into their socks. Most people don't get stabbed. And I only saw a fight at a taxi rank once. We don't even have any proper town v gown stuff like they have at Oxford.
    What do they do at Oxford?

They shouldn't be allowed to exist, end of. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    What am I wrong? Or do you think I am saying a derogatory comment about chavs?
    If you go out on a Friday/Saturday night, out of the town centre (towards the cinema complex down Homerton way) or into the Lion Yard at about 4pmish on a weekday you'll come across a fair few townies/chavs. Fortunately, you are unlikely to do any of these very often.

ReputationRep:
    O god please don't. Lol the domination of chavs around here is somewhat ridiculous especially when it comes to nightclubs :sadnod: I am hoping to me able to go to a nightclub and for once hear music I like without chavs getting pissed on wkd :facepalm:
    I hope you like the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme tune and the national anthem then (Cindies :rolleyes:). If you go out on a Tues, Thur or Sun night, as most of the students do, you'll be able to steer clear of chavs; if you venture out on a weekend, you'll be less lucky.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.