Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone really disappointed by the look of other students on FB group of uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    NAHHH.. they all look really fun :yep: ohh FB

ReputationRep:
    you seem shallow (directed at OP)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Nope. I've not really bothered looking, but those I've seen, all seem to be really cool people.
    Well people do say I am pretty cool :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THATS*ME)
    What do you do in such a situation?
    Stop being shallow?
    (Original post by ohaidani)
    A lot of the people joining the facebook group this prematurely would surely be quite arrogant? A lot of them will be too unconfident to join until after results day, so wait then.
    Another exaggerated conclusion ambushed using zilch evidence...

ReputationRep:
    I was so put off by the people I saw. They just arent the people I'd make friends with!!

Anyone else??

so you can know a person by looking at their facebook? I think it says more about you that you think that people's lives can be effectively show through facebook than anyone you saw

ReputationRep:
    No, because I'm not shallow and superficial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    Not at all, after all you can't judge how someones personality will be from a picture, just because someones interests or dress style is different from yours, doesn't mean you won't get on, that is unless you'd be unwilling to meet and get to know people from different backgrounds and life styles.
    i knew before i opened it that i was gonna find you posting in this thread somewhere!

/irrelevance

ReputationRep:
    Before I got to uni, almost none of my uni friends, other than flatmates, were my Facebook friends. Some of them didn't join the right groups, some of them I just didn't notice, and others (shock-horror) don't have Facebook. Don't panic, you'll find people similar to you without too much effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    lmao can't be me you're talking about then, wading half naked into what can only be described as, sewage
    You mean it's not a standard part of British culture? :p: Heh, you're going to be one of the popular kids, I bet, and I'm going to be the weird looking foreign kid that no one wants to sit with at lunch :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifyougotthemoney)
    i knew before i opened it that i was gonna find you posting in this thread somewhere!

/irrelevance
    HOW SO!?! You know me too well

Iloveu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dissey)
    You mean it's not a standard part of British culture? :p: Heh, you're going to be one of the popular kids, I bet, and I'm going to be the weird looking foreign kid that no one wants to sit with at lunch :sadnod:
    Haha don't be daft you know that's not true. I've never been popular in my life tbh, and besides, us geeks stick together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    HOW SO!?! You know me too well

Iloveu.
    'cause it was what we were talking about like half hour before ahaa yes i do and i love you too :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    Haha don't be daft you know that's not true. I've never been popular in my life tbh, and besides, us geeks stick together
    I was never one of the popular kids either, lol (more like the one they made fun of), so hopefully we'll be in a more suitable medium. And speeking of geeks, a friend of mine got me the most kickass book for my birthday, it's called Why Does E=mc^2 and it's co-authored by Brian Cox who presented What on Earth is Wrong with Gravity? which I am sooo lending you when I get to Bris.

ReputationRep:
    assbook sucks ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dissey)
    I was never one of the popular kids either, lol (more like the one they made fun of), so hopefully we'll be in a more suitable medium. And speeking of geeks, a friend of mine got me the most kickass book for my birthday, it's called Why Does E=mc^2 and it's co-authored by Brian Cox who presented What on Earth is Wrong with Gravity? which I am sooo lending you when I get to Bris.
    I really want to read that

I'll let you have a churn through one of mine, I've got afew from Waterstones this year, some real good ones :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, how narrow minded can you be? They probably think the same of you.

ReputationRep:
    I was so put off by the people I saw. They just arent the people I'd make friends with!!

Anyone else??

yeah mate i found exactly the same thing but don't worry about it - you can be assured that all the gimps have joined the group whereas loads of cooler people won't have bothered...

what uni is it anyway?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.