Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where are you getting your Fresher's week money and accomodation deposit? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Usually parents, but I'll probably have enough loan left over from last year to pay for it this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Have you tried? because they almost seemed to give me a bit of overdraft by default.. alternatively you could say "give me the overdraft or I'm not banking with you"?

and if I was short on cash(generally) I would not have a £40 contract phone bill! :confused:
    It's 18 months long and I've got 2 months left, that gives you a clue as to how my situation was different when I started it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    You really have hit a sticky wicket haha, hopefully your parents can lend you some
    Meh, it's my own fault. I can probably get £100 for Fresher's (and £100 for Bestival) and have to live with it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    It's 18 months long and I've got 2 months left, that gives you a clue as to how my situation was different when I started it. :p:
    Ahh, that makes more sense. Cash Flow should be easier after it is over!

ReputationRep:
    Halifax start you off with a 1500 overdraft if you want, building up to 2500. I've only got 500 on mine cause I personally don't want the opportunity to spend that kind of money without potentially having any means to pay it back after university!!!

I've been working for 18 months and have already paid the deposit on my house (student houseshare), so I'll have enough saved for Fresher's.

ReputationRep:
    Already paid deposit. Most stuff needed for uni is cheapish (my parents have also give me some of their stuff) so fresher's shouldn't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Myself for my accomodation deposit. :sad: I have to pay the deposit and some of the rent for my campus room by the end of next month fun times, when you live in a student house already with horrendous biils.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.