Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

embarrased cuz i think i might have been using a machine wrong Watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought the title of this thread was "embarrassed cuz i think i might have been using a washing machine wrong"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyspacemonkey)
    I just watched your signature for a solid two minutes, and I still can't beat the head to the view.
    It doesn't get faster

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I tried it once. I was totally confused by it. It reminded me of an another machine which had like 5 steps on it that were moving down like an escalator. You just kept walking up to beat it. I always used to set it to such a level where I would be totally drenched in sweat after 10 minutes and i had to cool down for a minute. THEN GO RIGHT BACK to get drenched.

Now I'm deciding which to use.. The stationary bike or the weird machine with where you have to put your feet into paddles and walk. I hurt my arms and I don't like the threadmill .

Anyone get ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Rippetoe)
    I'd be embarrassed if I was using that machine too.
    eww, whats up with those fingers?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr.yesk)
    eww, whats up with those fingers?!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=981091

ReputationRep:
    Yeah frm that i gather its photoshop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    I always do **** wrong at the gym. I was doing some lat exercise that my friend told me about, but was standing the wrong way. The cable practically strangled me every rep. People were definitely looking (which is when I figured I might be doing it wrong). It was slightly embarrasing at the time, but you just have to shrug it off. The gym is no place to be self conscious.
    Ugh, this is why I'm too scared to join a gym!
    All the fitness freaks and gym bunnies and there's me not having a clue what I'm doing...:o: you should get like an hour to yourself in there or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Ugh, this is why I'm too scared to join a gym!
    All the fitness freaks and gym bunnies and there's me not having a clue what I'm doing...:o: you should get like an hour to yourself in there or something.
    literally everyone makes mistakes at the gym. All fitness freaks and gym bunnies all started as novices, and they all made novice mistakes. Even though you remember all the dumb **** you do, other people don't. They have more important stuff to remember. They don't keep a journal titled: "stupid **** X does at the gym that actually isn't that much of a big deal when you think about it". Big title, I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    literally everyone makes mistakes at the gym. All fitness freaks and gym bunnies all started as novices, and they all made novice mistakes. Even though you remember all the dumb **** you do, other people don't. They have more important stuff to remember. They don't keep a journal titled: "stupid **** X does at the gym that actually isn't that much of a big deal when you think about it". Big title, I know.
    Haha. Umm okay, thanks, I'll bear that in mind.
    I'm INCREDIBLY self-conscious at ALL TIMES, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    I thought the title of this thread was "embarrassed cuz i think i might have been using a washing machine wrong"
    I'm not exactly sure why but this made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulapie)
    I'm not exactly sure why but this made me laugh
    Haha omg me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    Haha omg me too
    When I saw you'd quoted me, I laughed again knowing what it was in reference to. Why am I so strangely/easily amused?

ReputationRep:
    When I saw you'd quoted me, I laughed again knowing what it was in reference to. Why am I so strangely/easily amused?
    :woo:
    We're totally on the same wavelength.
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    It's not exactly subtle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caaakeeey)
    It's not exactly subtle.
    What's not subtle?

ReputationRep:
    What's not subtle?
    Wow.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be embarrassed if I was paying money to use a step machine when I could get the same benefit from going to a towerblock or multistorey car park and running up and down those steps and it's free. They must have seen you coming son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    I'd be embarrassed if I was paying money to use a step machine when I could get the same benefit from going to a towerblock or multistorey car park and running up and down those steps and it's free. They must have seen you coming son.
    If the OP is embarrassed using a gym machine incorrectly, do you really think he's gonna be fine with running up and down the stairwells of a multi-storey car park?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.