Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is pregnant and is due in about 2 weeks

I have got something for the baby and so has everybody else

I wanted to get something for her as everybody will just think about the baby

I am kinda stuck for ideas. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Book her a massage :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Me)
    My best friend is pregnant and is due in about 2 weeks

I have got something for the baby and so has everybody else

I wanted to get something for her as everybody will just think about the baby

I am kinda stuck for ideas. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I don't know, maybe some books or something? I mean if you know what she would like to read that is.

OH OH disregard that. Get her some nice bath/shower/pampering stuff! I mean I'm guessing she'll be pretty out of it after giving birth, so some stuff to relax her would presumably be good. You could get her champagne as well, although I think some women prefer not to drink after giving birth what with breast feeding and such.

What does she like in general?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    yeah you should get something that she can indulge herself in, something really selfish and treaty cos for the next 18 years its all about the kid, lol.

lots of chocolate, spa vouchers, manicures, book her a private shopping helper spree thingy (lol). just things to make her feel really special as a woman and not just a mother.

ReputationRep:
    What with baby weight and such I recommend SHOES. Shoe shopping would make her happy AND not remind her of the weight she's gained :yep:

ReputationRep:
    might be a tad late but i would of said condoms...

ReputationRep:
    I think a spa day would be nice + an offer to babysit!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Whizz)
    I think a spa day would be nice + an offer to babysit!
    Damn I was going to say that!

Remember she won't want to leave Baby for ages, but give her home-made vouchers that she can redeem whenever

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with all the suggestions....spa day, pampering sets, stuff so that she knows she is still a person and not just a milk balloon!

See here: link

Offer to come round on night to sit with the baby incase it wakes up while she is in the bath!

ReputationRep:
    www.earthmamaangelbaby.com

Lots of lovely stuff! Bought a set recently for a relative and she loved it x

ReputationRep:
    Could get her vouchers that she can use when she can move about a bit more for like different girly things (waxing, manicure/pedicure/haircut and colour, etc) to make her feel like she's not just a mum. Oh, and offer to babysit whilst all thisi s goingo n, so she knows the baba is ok too

ReputationRep:
    yeah she prob won't want to leave the baby just yet but she will prob want some good me time so you could just offer to cook dinner for her at hers when the baby has gone to sleep?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the products/spa idea. Or maybe some vouchers for her favourite hairdressers. Hair tends to go a bit crazy after giving birth and she might appreciate the spruce.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I read this as 'way to get friend pregnant' and had quite a funny reply in mind :rofl:

On topic,I think the whole pampering idea (bath stuff, manicures etc) is definitely a good one but remember that she won't want to leave the baby for a while and when she does she'll need someone to look after it! (Personally, I'd get someone else to babysit and go with the friend for a manicure/hairdressing trip).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.