The Student Room Group

Want to start over again

Just a rant really. I got with someone in my friendship group when they thought I was still seeing someone else (we were both single) and now they prob hate me. I'm stuck living in a place I'm not too fond of, and temping and trying to do what I'd really enjoy.

I've stayed round here all my life and think I need a fresh start, what steps should I do first? I feel so sheltered and want some experiences I can look back on fondly. Uni was great but my teenage years were **** and nothing really happened. I'm in my early 20s, do I still get that shot at life that I want?:woo:
i know how you feel. a few months ago i was stuck in a rut - i'd never moved out of my parents house, i was unemployed and getting no interviews (despite quite a good cv) and i was getting a bad reputation due to my 'antics'...i felt similar to you, that i just wanted a new start.

since then, i managed to get myself a good job, moved in with some friends locally, started going out with one of my friends (which i'd been nervous about before) and turned my life around fully.

its never too late to start afresh - i think the steps your taking at the moment are perfect (temping...not very exciting, but definitely worth it!) just start looking around for somewhere to live and just apply for jobs that you think would suit you.
oh and in regards to your friend that you got with - why would they hate you? if you weren't in a relationship? i'm confused...
Reply 3
Ah, because they thought I was going out with someone else who I introduced in my friends group so it looks like I betrayed them if you get what I mean...or am I being paranoid?
Reply 4
sugarjunkie001
i know how you feel. a few months ago i was stuck in a rut - i'd never moved out of my parents house, i was unemployed and getting no interviews (despite quite a good cv) and i was getting a bad reputation due to my 'antics'...i felt similar to you, that i just wanted a new start.

since then, i managed to get myself a good job, moved in with some friends locally, started going out with one of my friends (which i'd been nervous about before) and turned my life around fully.

its never too late to start afresh - i think the steps your taking at the moment are perfect (temping...not very exciting, but definitely worth it!) just start looking around for somewhere to live and just apply for jobs that you think would suit you.

Thank you so much for that advice too:smile: Glad there's a success story out of that:smile: Anyone else like to share their experiences of this?

Latest

Trending

Trending