Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Talking to the doctor about sex drive... Watch

I'm going to the doctor in a few hours to talk about how my sex drive has been pretty much non-existant since i've been taking the pill, and discuss my options because it's starting to get me down.
    I'm extremely shy and I'm so nervous about talking about this! I really know how to word it! Is "sex drive" an acceptable term to use? I don't want to sound too graphic!
    I know she's used to talking about things like this, but I'm just so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Libido? :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah you can use sex drive :p:

It's OK; are you seeing a male or female doctor? If it makes you more comfortable ask to see a female doctor (I think you can also ask to see a younger doctor as well)... obviously that might not be possible today but in future!

They've spoken about worse

(Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Yeah you can use sex drive :p:

It's OK; are you seeing a male or female doctor? If it makes you more comfortable ask to see a female doctor (I think you can also ask to see a younger doctor as well)... obviously that might not be possible today but in future!

They've spoken about worse
    Yeah, it's a female doctor thank goodness! Though I've seen her before and I seem to remember her being quite stern! I know I'm just worrying about nothing but it's just a strange situation to be in, talking to a stranger about things like this!

ReputationRep:
    You can have sex drive all you want, just remember to stay safe and use one of these:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    well one thing is for sure! you got nothing to lose by telling her that, so hopefully it will work out well and get you somewhere..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, it's a female doctor thank goodness! Though I've seen her before and I seem to remember her being quite stern! I know I'm just worrying about nothing but it's just a strange situation to be in, talking to a stranger about things like this!
    Yeah but you'll hopefully not have to see her again for a long time, and she sees lots of other people

My doctor is lovely! If I can let her put a coil in, you can talk about your sex drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm going to the doctor in a few hours to talk about how my sex drive has been pretty much non-existant since i've been taking the pill, and discuss my options because it's starting to get me down.
    I'm extremely shy and I'm so nervous about talking about this! I really know how to word it! Is "sex drive" an acceptable term to use? I don't want to sound too graphic!
    I know she's used to talking about things like this, but I'm just so nervous!
    Out of interest, you're not on Dianet (sp?!) are you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.