Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my friend is being completely used by her boyfriend Watch

My best friend started going out with her boyfriend almost year ago. Everyone knows that he first had sex in year 7, and cheats on every girlfriend he had. Anyway he claimed to "really like" my friend and try started going out.

As predicted he's cheated on her four times that we know about. First, he fingered another girl in our school and it spread around the school, my fried being the last to find out. He's done the same thing, and also had sex with another girl or something.

Everytime, my friend is the last one to find out - we're always the people to tell her what happened. Even though she cries her eyes out and says she won't go back to him, literally all he has to say is "Im sorry". We always know that she'll take him back.

This is her first boyfriend and I just feel like she doesn't deserve to be treated like that. Apparently she's pregnant now. It's just that she's our best friend, she's been brainwashed by this idiot. I just care about her obvs we've known each other since year 5.

Ugh. Once her boyfriend came to sit at lunch with me and another of my friends (uninvited) He started comparing a sandwich to a juicy vagina/p***y and how he could just eat it up all day. Ruined our lunch.

My friend is one of those quiet, innocent girls (or used to be)

ReputationRep:
    that sounds like a nice sandwich. he does sound like a tosser though.

ReputationRep:
    that sounds like a right pr*ck. He is just using her really. it will be hard to convince her to leave him as she obviously really has feelings for him and now that she is pregnant that's NOT good. honestly I don't know what you could do. either wait till she falls out of love with him or have a really good talk with her (and him perhaps..)

ReputationRep:
    So what's the point of this thread?

You neither state you just want to rant, nor post a single question.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I agree, he does sound like a loser. She needs to ditch him, and then run away as fast as she can in the other direction. Unfortunately, as we all know, love is blind. And you would have thought that after four times being cheated on, she'd realise what a waste of space this creep is.

The only thing you can do is sit your friend down and talk to her. What ever you do, do make her feel like you're ganging up on her. Make sure she knows that you're her friend, that you love and care about her and that you only want what's best for her. Try and persuade her that this guy isn't any good for her, that she isn't to be blamed for his actions, and that she'd be better off rid. Don't argue with her, if she refuses to see your point of view then respect that, eventually he might get bored and leave her alone anyway.

Do you know what she's planning on doing about the baby? Perhaps gently approach the subject and offer some support. I know I wouldn't want to have a baby with a sleaze like that guy - would he really be a supportive father? Loving, perhaps, but supportive of the mother? I think not.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    So what's the point of this thread?

You neither state you just want to rant, nor post a single question.
    I got a bit carried away and forgot to ask for advice.
    I just wanted to know, should we let the relationship run it's course and damage her more or anything else we could do.

She told one of the girls in our group who is the closest to her that she was pregnant and she told us. So technically we don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got a bit carried away and forgot to ask for advice.
    I just wanted to know, should we let the relationship run it's course and damage her more or anything else we could do.
    Get her out of it. She sounds like she has little confidence in herself, and this is why she is being used. You need to show her she is better than him, and she doesn't need him.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing you can probably do for your friend is to arrange for this tosser to have an accident involving an inflatable sex doll and a bear trap. That should sort out everyone's problems really, especially if you keep a hungry dog on standby to ensure that it can't be sewn back on...

Anyway, Yr7? That's 12 isn't it? I'd bet that this guy is molested by his uncle or something, which might also explain his tosser-dom. No-one loses their virginity at that age unless there's something wrong with them...

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot you can do. I'd just sit back and watch the fun.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing more you can do as she won't listen. She's manipulated by that jerk for sure but she has to realize it herself. The fact that she knows about the cheating and still holds on to this relationship shows how much she sticks up to that guy.

ReputationRep:
    sex in year 7? he must have been like 11.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.