Turn on thread page Beta

why does wearing stockings always get comments watch

ReputationRep:
    i am really fed up with peoples reaction when they notice i am wearing stockings (which is not very often as i absolutely do not fluant them)

why do people just immediately think you are trying to be sexy or something - i just wear them because i prefer them - its happened a cou0ple of times now - are they really that taboo and im just not realising it?

ReputationRep:
    No, not really. I don't get how they're sexy but apparently they are. They're far more practical than tights. They're just long socks!

ReputationRep:
    I like to wear them. gives my legs a nicer colour that's all. I dont see why people make comments on this. for me its normal when I'm wearing a skirt or dress.

ReputationRep:
    No, they're just normally seen as a very sexual thing to wear. If I wore tights on a regular basis I'd probably wear stockings cos they are quite a bit comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    but why are they seen as soo sexual - i really dont get it

ReputationRep:
    If more people wore them this steriotype would die.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you've posted the same thread before. Are you some stocking fetishist posing as a school girl?

ReputationRep:
    Cos not a lot of people wear them regularly nowadays so EVERY single place that does nice undies and sex toys automatically sticks their models in stockings to make them look sexier.

I like wearing stockings, they are a lot comfier than tights and you don't sweat or have to worry if you have camel toe (or if you do, how to get rid of it without people noticing) However, my bf thinks I should wear them constantly, as they're sexy!?!?!? Trying to explain to a man that something is practical too is a very VERY hard thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm pretty sure you've posted the same thread before. Are you some stocking fetishist posing as a school girl?
    Just noting your avatar fits very well into this thread!

ReputationRep:
    Euck, if you, like me, wear stockings, mostly in the winter :hmmm:, then generally, you wear them with a long or at least below the knee length skirt.
    Showing off stockings is so tacky

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but I wish I wore them instead of tights round London yesterday - was sick of hicking them up every 5 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Euck, if you, like me, wear stockings, mostly in the winter :hmmm:, then generally, you wear them with a long or at least below the knee length skirt.
    Showing off stockings is so tacky
    totally agree - knee length skirt or dress only with stockings - wearing them to show them is very tacky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    i have some time ago - sorry shouldnt have started another really, it just really frustrates me that some people are just so narrow minded over such insiginificant things, but comment and make assumptions based on them

not a fetishist - was still at 6th form last time i looked....and just frustrated with people i know!

ReputationRep:
    Meh. People are stupid and narrow minded.

But i'd find my girlfriend more attractive if she came to bed wearing stockings, rather than tights. If you follow...

ReputationRep:
    i wear tights more cos alot of men look at me when i wear stockings or even just over the knee socks

ReputationRep:
    I prefer stockings/hold-ups because the stay in place. The fact that they look sexier is merely a bonus. Just try and make sure they're not on show and ignore comments - it's hardly a bad thing to favour them over tights!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    I prefer stockings/hold-ups because the stay in place. The fact that they look sexier is merely a bonus. Just try and make sure they're not on show and ignore comments - it's hardly a bad thing to favour them over tights!
    certainly with stockings they stay in place far better than tights which seem to be always slipping down if i do wear them - only ocassionally wear holdups and dont really trust them! the comments i do ignore though at 6th form earlier this year there was a period it was just damed annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieboo123)
    totally agree - knee length skirt or dress only with stockings - wearing them to show them is very tacky
    True:yep: , rep coming your way for that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieboo123)
    True:yep: rep coming yourway for that!!

ReputationRep:
    oops dont know how that happened

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.