Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why does wearing stockings always get comments Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    I really need to buy some. Hold ups fall down, and tights are just.. ugh.

So the general consensus (after reading that other thread up there) seems to be avoid the flimsy suspender belts like ones from La Senza?
    Definitely - otherwise you'll spend all day dashing off to the loo to clip the stockings back on to the suspenders and having to walk funnily to get there holding your stocking up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieboo123)
    i am really fed up with peoples reaction when they notice i am wearing stockings (which is not very often as i absolutely do not fluant them)

why do people just immediately think you are trying to be sexy or something - i just wear them because i prefer them - its happened a cou0ple of times now - are they really that taboo and im just not realising it?
    ....to be honest I think this is getting less and less so....I haven't had anyone comment for years when I wear stockings with suspenders which I do often :p:

...from the choice and amount you see in the shops lots of people must be buying them otherwise they would'nt be in the shops - when I first started to wear them I was quite young and I wore through 2 1/2 years of school - I got a few comments to start with but I think that was more to do with other people being younger and you are likely to get comments in this situation as people are less mature - but overall I think they are becoming more popular...and more accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry_popx)
    i wear tights more cos alot of men look at me when i wear stockings or even just over the knee socks
    Yeah I don't really like being looked at :rofl2:

Also none of my skirts are below knee length.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    I hzve stockings too :yep: they're way comfier than tights!
    I can't wear hold ups (had a big rash last time I wore them where the silicone band is so presumably I'm allergic) and my two suspender belts are actually from la senza :p: which sounds horribly tacky, but they're relatively plain (one is black, the other white) with a lace panel at the front, which is actually quite pretty I've found the clips on mine to be pretty good, despite them being plastic. I had one with metal clips but the clips rusted when I left the belt on the line to dry and the heavens opened
    What is wrong with la senza? That's where I buy all my "nice underwear" because it's too expensive for every day and looks nice and the bras last a long time :/

ReputationRep:
    Mine are from Ann Summers. Does this make me a slut lol. Specially since I've just had a delivery. About 150 quids worth of stuff for 35 quid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_time)
    Where do you guys buy your suspender belts?

Any recommendations for decent ones that will last the whole day, and are not just designed for the bedroom? Preferably with metal clips rather than plastic ones.

i really like M&S stuff, good quality and washes well - suspender belts have metal clips and are really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    What is wrong with la senza? That's where I buy all my "nice underwear" because it's too expensive for every day and looks nice and the bras last a long time :/
    I don't think that they're suggesting there's anything wrong with La Senza's underwear, just that the suspender belts they make aren't really designed for outside the bedroom hence it might be seen as 'tacky' wearing them on a daily basis, out and about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieboo123)
    i really like M&S stuff, good quality and washes well - suspender belts have metal clips and are really good
    .....agreed - M&S are good - also BHS....and cheap as well :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_time)
    I don't think that they're suggesting there's anything wrong with La Senza's underwear, just that the suspender belts they make aren't really designed for outside the bedroom hence it might be seen as 'tacky' wearing them on a daily basis, out and about.
    I wasn't really saying them, just that everyone seems to be insulting La Senza but it's the only underwear shop I have easy access too and I've never seen it as tacky :/ I've never really thought that suspender belts were for daily use anyway (sorry to perpetuate the stockings getting comments problem haha)

ReputationRep:
    I dont wear them lol but I do wear like over the knee and thigh high socks and they are a lot easier than tights :yy:

ReputationRep:
    .....a slight drift from the thread but there seem to be a few stocking wearers here.....how old were you when you first wore stockings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    I wasn't really saying them, just that everyone seems to be insulting La Senza but it's the only underwear shop I have easy access too and I've never seen it as tacky :/ I've never really thought that suspender belts were for daily use anyway (sorry to perpetuate the stockings getting comments problem haha)
    I agree, I don't think La Senza is at all tacky and I'm not sure why people would think so, I have quite a few nice bits from there. Also in my experience the quality is actually a lot better than from some expensive stores such as Agent Provocateur.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear stockings for school on a very regular basis, there were a few comments regarding the apparent sluttishness of them but then everyone got over it and i was really shocked when a lad i was seeing got all "oooo stockings how very sexy!" cos tbh, they're pretty much tights, except you don't get icky sweaty gussets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fliss_pop)
    I used to wear stockings for school on a very regular basis, there were a few comments regarding the apparent sluttishness of them but then everyone got over it and i was really shocked when a lad i was seeing got all "oooo stockings how very sexy!" cos tbh, they're pretty much tights, except you don't get icky sweaty gussets

....i did as well and had to put up with the comments to start with which was pretty rough...didnt take long before people just didnt notice though....mind i had no choice as my rather unpleasant mother who I hav nothing to do with now made me wear them....she made me start wearing them when we changed to winter uniform in Oct of yr11 - said I couldnt wear tights as they were unhygenic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophietrophy)
    .....a slight drift from the thread but there seem to be a few stocking wearers here.....how old were you when you first wore stockings?
    I was 16 when I first wore them for my aunt's wedding and wore them sporadically for the next few years, sometimes at school but mostly when I was going out.

A few years ago, I just got so fed up with tights that I got rid of all mine and have only worn stockings since. Apart from when I'm on placement, I now wear them almost everyday and hardly wear jeans etc any more.

X

ReputationRep:
    In answer to stranger in moscow - that time got it right :p: I don't think the whole shop is tacky, in fact I buy most of my underwear there because the bras have the best shape by far out of any of the major underwear places :yep:

I was 17 when I first wore stockings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm pretty sure you've posted the same thread before. Are you some stocking fetishist posing as a school girl?
    Yes I believe "she" is infact a he, calls himself "ellieboo" & says "shes" 17:rolleyes:
    All "she" ever talks about is stockings, school uniforms (usually about her pleated skirts),
    how terribly strict her school is & advice on how "she" can make herself look older.
    "She" used to post up the same **** on a site called MKP (MyKindaPlace) & is now on here,
    perhaps "she" got busted? who knows.
    Ask her for more photographic proof & I guarantee you won't get it.

I may be a bit of a troll @ times & a self confessed attention seeker
    but at least I'm real & what you see is what you get. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.