Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am fat and ugly... need help Watch

Before someone says I am sure your not yes I am I have been bullied enough times and told that enough times to know its true.... But I am a dress size 16- 18 right now and I really really want to get down to at least a 12 before I start uni in september.... I hate being told by people that I am fat.....

To be honest the gym is not an option because its too expensive to get a month or two's membership and as I don't know where I am going for uni it just won't work.

But I need to find another way to lose weight I have stopped snacking completely and I only drink water these days but I still haven't lost any weight I hate exercise and the only thing I can do is ride my bike so how many hours would you recommend for that?

what else could i do?

ReputationRep:
    Go running.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise. If you don't like yourself, exercise regardless of liking it or not. And if you're not going to do something about it, don't complain.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with Malsy, running is free. You like to ride your bike, that's great so do that a lot it's good exercise but you have to keep at it. Also continue to watch what you eat, make sure you're having breakfast. Have you got a dog? Take it for a run. Or do you have any friends, working out is a lot more fun and easy to stay motivated if you've got people you can do it with.

Losing weight isn't easy. btw gyms at uni are generally pretty cheap to join so once you've worked it off you can make it stay off at uni.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with the people who said running

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same boat

exercise my love, ive got my charlie brooks( think thats her name) DVD and im going to try and do it every morning!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd ride me bike maybe an hour a day? Or is that a bit much? IDK really, my idea of exercise is bedroom dancing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Exercise. If you don't like yourself, exercise regardless of liking it or not. And if you're not going to do something about it, don't complain.
    you're like the female me =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    you're like the female me =]
    Lmao, scary ;D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Before someone says I am sure your not yes I am I have been bullied enough times and told that enough times to know its true.... But I am a dress size 16- 18 right now and I really really want to get down to at least a 12 before I start uni in september.... I hate being told by people that I am fat.....

To be honest the gym is not an option because its too expensive to get a month or two's membership and as I don't know where I am going for uni it just won't work.

But I need to find another way to lose weight I have stopped snacking completely and I only drink water these days but I still haven't lost any weight I hate exercise and the only thing I can do is ride my bike so how many hours would you recommend for that?

what else could i do?
    get an attractive personality and not many people will care

ie. get lots of self-confidence, become fun and funny

ReputationRep:
    Get your fat arse off TSR and run until your puke. Is that motivation enough?

Right, i'm not sure if this is sound dietary advice but:

Get up and do excercise so it burns fat, then have a heavy breakfast.

Have a light lunch, do tonnes of exercise during the day, and then have a medium dinner (because you digest mostly during the night).

If you ever feel hungry, drink water. Trust me, most of the time you're hungry, you're actually thirsty. And if you feel actually hungry, just eat ice or something

ReputationRep:
    Eat healthier and Swim

swimming is great for losing weight.

ReputationRep:
    You could go swimming, try an exercise video or even just dance in your room to some upbeat music for an hour or so. Try and limit your calorie consumption to about 1500 a day, and make sure it is healthy food you are eating. If there is something you can't quit possibly let yourself have a treat every week, a piece of cake or some crisps or whatever, otherwise you might end up failing and bingeing. Also try and walk more places rather than getting the bus/driving.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit ambitious to want to drop to a size 12 in about 6 weeks! If you want to lose weight, you have to set yourself realistic goals.

First of all, you'll hardly lose any weight if you don't exercise. If you want to lose weight, you'll have to work for it. "No pain, no gain" - it's true.

ReputationRep:
    if its difficult u can simply live with it, unless it raises several health problems

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I joined a gym at uni and I've almost lost 2 stone in a year. I was a size 16 now I'm almost a 12 (though I'm quite tall). Losing weight isn't easy. You have to watch your diet and ideally eat around 1500 calories a day, drink lots of water and exercise at least 3 times a week and do something that will really get your heart rate going (swimming, running etc). If you want to lose weight you have to be motivated and stick to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

what else could i do?
    ok firstly EXERCISE, go running, cycling and buy some small weights for your bedroom, you want to lose fat, not muscle.

secondly, our bodies have evolved to "graze" rather than "binge", try to have 5-6 small meals a day with lots of leafy veg and try to involve protein in every meal (eggs, meat, fish etc).

lastly, if your bloated, maybe its water retention, the solution? drink more water, aim for 2 litres per day, not including the water used when exercising.

Hope this helps, Gav

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_lucie)
    Im in the same boat

exercise my love, ive got my charlie brooks( think thats her name) DVD and im going to try and do it every morning!!!
    Unless you are using the angles to you're advantage in your profile picture, you are clearly not fat.

ReputationRep:
    exercice dvd, they're actually ok, make sure you close the curtains though, you never know who's watching :ninja:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.