Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I read in the university guides that it takes 20-30 mins to get into brighton on the bus from sussex. Is this true? I thought it was only 4 miles away.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, 20-30mins by bus is about right, worse if its sunny - the roads are horrific on a nice day lol. Of course, theres the train station right outside campus which is much faster, but not as convenient, and i dunno how late it runs.

ReputationRep:
    Only 4 miles away but down a really busy road.

Depends which bus - the Brighton and Hove number 25 bus from campus goes to Brighton Uni's Falmer campus across the road first, and then heads into town (hence sometimes it's worth walking out to the railway station and getting on at that stop instead), so I always allowed at least 30 mins for that bus, obviously more depending on time of day. It's a really popular bus for both students and residents so bascially stops at everyyy stop. And sometimes you'll have a delay of a driver changeover at the Lewes Road garage...

The Lemon Bus is a lot faster (20 mins if you're lucky) because it's not allowed on Brighton Uni's Falmer campus so goes straight into town, and generally stops less.

Train takes 10 mins, up to four times an hour but last train to Brighton is at 00.15. And you have to walk out to the station (which most people I knew could never be bothered to do from Lewes Court haha).

ReputationRep:
    The fastest buses into Brighton that go past Falmer Station are the 28 and 29s. The 25s are more frequent but have more stops.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.