Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I"m sure she is still with you in spirit OP (((((hugs)))))

ReputationRep:
    Im so sorry, i am very sentimental over my dog also and can only imagine what it feels like. Just try to remember the happy times and that she is in free from pain now xx

ReputationRep:
    Losing my dog was a terrible time, and In a weird way I never got to say goodbye, as it was sudden and I was away from home at the time. It really is a horrible time I know, and although the pain never goes away, you will learn to cope with it better as time goes on. Unfortunately it is a process in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    Sorry to hear about your dog, OP. We've lost 3 in the last 14 months. And it doesn't get easier.
    Ohmy! 3 in the last 14 months!! How awful! Im so sorry! ahh i feel totally distraught and ive only lost my one doggie.

Again thankyou to everyone who has posted kind comments this has really helped x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfhaffyduck)
    Ohmy! 3 in the last 14 months!! How awful! Im so sorry! ahh i feel totally distraught and ive only lost my one doggie.
    2 were old (one put down because of fluid on lungs and other put down because of cancer) and one had a heart attack.

You'll find it feels odd and far too quiet without them (for months, I kept expecting one to run into the front room and out again like she used to do)

We now have 2 puppies. Hopefully, they'll live much longer than 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or are these replies more heartfelt than when Michael Jackson died?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    2 were old (one put down because of fluid on lungs and other put down because of cancer) and one had a heart attack.

You'll find it feels odd and far too quiet without them (for months, I kept expecting one to run into the front room and out again like she used to do)

We now have 2 puppies. Hopefully, they'll live much longer than 6 months.
    Oh thats so sad im really sorry In a way im really glad that my dog got put down and she didn't die in pain... we were told she could have a heart attack. that would have been one of the worse ways for her to die and would have been the last memory of her so i am glad that she went the best way possible.

Aw, we have decided to not get another one now because the pain isjust too hard when they die. We're gonna find some friends for my other dog to make sure he has lots of doggy company occasionally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Is it just me, or are these replies more heartfelt than when Michael Jackson died?
    Alot of people can relate to a loved family pet dying. Whereas most familes aren't too experienced in losing a musical legend :P That's my theory any way.

Again thanks everyone for being so kind xx

ReputationRep:
    My parents were against getting another dog after the first one died, but the other one kept crying and he did the same when the other one died. When he died, the puppy was being extremely disruptive and generally being naughty. Has calmed down a bit since getting another dog.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel guilty, you did the right thing Spend time around you're other dog, pet hugs always make me feel better.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Well today my 6 year old dog got put down. She was actually like a little sister to me its really sad but my pets mean more than anything to me ever! I don't know what to do i mean the obvious answer is to remeber the good times i had with her but all i can rememeber is the last month or two when she's been really ill :'( i know it was best for her to be put down and i feel really selfish cause i know she's not in pain now.. but i want her back ! Ha way to rememeber my birthday every year :'( Im upset because im going to miss her but also because my other dog has no idea whats going on! He keeps looking for his sister but she's not there! I really don't know what to do, i feel like im never going to stop crying
    Oh I'm sorry to hear about this :sad:
    The thing about having a pet is that yes, you get to welcome another family member into the household, but chances are you also have to see them go...
    I've had several rabbits and hamsters die and one rabbit have to be put down which was particularly sad because we had her from when I was very small for seven years. However, the pain I felt probably is insignificant compared to what you're going through...dogs and cats are just so affectionate and intelligent, that it truly feels like you've lost a close family member when they go. I know this because my mum had two dogs and despite my sister and I begging our parents for a dog or cat for years and years, mum always refused because she said it hurt too much when they died. However, that means that we lost out on the experience...
    It will get better over time, but you must allow yourself to grieve, and be there for your other dog. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    :hugs: :grouphugs:
    thankyou. xx

ReputationRep:
    thankyou. xx
    No promblem Don't worry, it will get better.

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people can relate to a loved family pet dying. Whereas most familes aren't too experienced in losing a musical legend :P That's my theory any way.

Again thanks everyone for being so kind xx
    Thanks for clearing that up... you'll be alright, just give it time.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.