Turn on thread page Beta

Stuck up girls in clubs... watch

Using friends account so will keep anonymous. Plus, nature of the post and all…some won’t like it…deal with it.

I really don’t understand how in clubs it’s okay for a girl to respond aggresively if you start dancing with them. Sure, not everyone wants to grind in clubs, but there’s no other way to initiate your interest in a loud room when everyone’s packed in like cattle, so I really don’t see the problem in going up to a girl you like the look of and initiating a bit of groovage. Problem is, some girls think this is some kind of an insult rather than a compliment.

I don’t actually touch with groping hands or anything (unless I’m really drunk, perhaps), so what’s the big deal? What does everything think is an appropriate response?

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to be sure that a girl wants you to start grinding on you before you attempt it. Try get eye contact and a smile etc before hand. It's probably best to talk first, but I agree it's hard when you can't hear each other. Just make sure she is aware of you first. If she reacts badly, just apologise and wish her a good evening and walk away.

ReputationRep:
    Because the majority of men who do it are vile leeches. Usually middle-aged.

It may surprise you to know, but some girls go out to dance, just to dance. Not everyone in a club is looking for a one-night stand.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when guys just come up and do this, me and my friends just give each other a look and back away. It's not really the best way to approach someone you don't know. I wouldn't mind so much if he had spoken to me beforehand or even made eye contact or smiled .

ReputationRep:
    thats how you should treat them, girls in clubs are USUALLY sluts, so thats the thing, i just go up and rub my crotch on some girl's ass, i don't care if she like it or not, i'm there to have fun

ReputationRep:
    they're the kind of girls who love the attention and want to cause a scene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Using friends account so will keep anonymous. Plus, nature of the post and all…some won’t like it…deal with it.

I really don’t understand how in clubs it’s okay for a girl to respond aggresively if you start dancing with them. Sure, not everyone wants to grind in clubs, but there’s no other way to initiate your interest in a loud room when everyone’s packed in like cattle, so I really don’t see the problem in going up to a girl you like the look of and initiating a bit of groovage. Problem is, some girls think this is some kind of an insult rather than a compliment.

I don’t actually touch with groping hands or anything (unless I’m really drunk, perhaps), so what’s the big deal? What does everything think is an appropriate response?

First of all it's because they don't know you. Think of it like this, imagine a girl sitting in a cafe on her own, it's like you taking your food and sitting at her table and eating away without talking to her. Introduce yourself, talk about the song playing. Silent contact is pointless. Regardless i like stuck up girls, they are more of a challenge .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    First of all it's because they don't know you. Think of it like this, imagine a girl sitting in a cafe on her own, it's like you taking your food and sitting at her table and eating away without talking to her. Introduce yourself, talk about the song playing. Silent contact is pointless. Regardless i like stuck up girls, they are more of a challenge .
    lol, i don't know what clubs you going to, but the one i go to, you can't hear ****

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not your sweaty crotch on my pretty dress is not something ive been looking forward to all night long. Take it somewhere else or buy me a damn drink first.

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend who kicked a girl in her calf for rejecting his advances, it was quite funny as she thought it was someone else

ReputationRep:
    Not all men have the intention of a one night stand. Fallen Angel I'm not arguing with you I'm just making continuity from the OP's point.

There are a lot of stuck up girls OP. They're not worth dancing with so don't let it get to you.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes if a guy doesnt pick up on hints that a girl's not interested then the girl can get abit aggressive.
    other girls who do it are probs just up themselves and not girls you want interested in you anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmogirl)
    sometimes if a guy doesnt pick up on hints that a girl's not interested then the girl can get abit aggressive.
    other girls who do it are probs just up themselves and not girls you want interested in you anyway...
    You speak wisely and I agree with you completely.

ReputationRep:
    Called the ***** shield. Generally I bypass it, by laughing at any resistance brought up. E.g. girl says some outlandish statement like I'm bi, I go 'haha, thats cute'. Just show you aren't bothered by her guard. And yes, most girls are really on their guard at clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    lol, i don't know what clubs you going to, but the one i go to, you can't hear ****
    you can usually just about hear eachother but neverless my town has two clubs, neither of which are anything to wet your pants about.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately this is the only way to pull in a club, OR throwing money at them in the form of a drink.

Even girls who want to dance with me just sort of reverse their arse into me. I really wish grinding wasn't the initiation for this sort of thing, what's wrong with some cheesy dancing?

ReputationRep:
    When I watch this thing happening, and I see an average kind of guy trying to gyrate all over a hawt girl, I do think, "Why are you bothering", nine times out of ten she will not be interested.

And I totally agree with others who have said about not making any form of communication with them first. Why should a girl be interested in you just because you can 'dance'?

Not all girls go out to pull, so have a bit of respect before making such generalisations.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is just going to be filled with Alpha male/player morons isnt it.

ReputationRep:
    And just to add, i love the fact i am stuck up because i won't dry hump some kid in a nightclub. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunge)
    When I watch this thing happening, and I see an average kind of guy trying to gyrate all over a hawt girl, I do think, "Why are you bothering", nine times out of ten she will not be interested.

And I totally agree with others who have said about not making any form of communication with them first. Why should a girl be interested in you just because you can 'dance'?

Not all girls go out to pull, so have a bit of respect before making such generalisations.
    who gives a crap ? im not there to discuss about current affairs or whatever, a club is a place to dance, not talk. if you wana talk, go to the pub or some bar

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.