Turn on thread page Beta

Stuck up girls in clubs... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Called the ***** shield. Generally I bypass it, by laughing at any resistance brought up. E.g. girl says some outlandish statement like I'm bi, I go 'haha, thats cute'. Just show you aren't bothered by her guard. And yes, most girls are really on their guard at clubs.
    That made me chuckle.

The fact that girls feel they have to be on their guard is quite tragic.

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not some girls don't go to clubs to pick up drunk sleazebags and instead just want to have fun with their friends. This does not include dirty strangers coming up and dancing inappropriately close to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    That made me chuckle.

The fact that girls feel they have to be on their guard is quite tragic.
    Yeah, but they are. Some are really hard just to talk to lol. Well depends. But yeah, they can be quite mean at times.

ReputationRep:
    Clubs can be ***** places to meet decent girls. Or they can be decent places to meet ****** girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbrown)
    Believe it or not some girls don't go to clubs to pick up drunk sleazebags and instead just want to have fun with their friends. This does not include dirty strangers coming up and dancing inappropriately close to them.
    Believe it or not, some guys go to clubs to meet girls and rub their boners on their asses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    Believe it or not, some guys go to clubs to meet girls and rub their boners on their asses
    Damn straight. Not everyone in the club is a weirdo and just cause a guy talks to you, don't mean he's hitting on you.

ReputationRep:
    who gives a crap ? im not there to discuss about current affairs or whatever, a club is a place to dance, not talk. if you wana talk, go to the pub or some bar
    Yes, well suprise suprise neither are we.

And yes, 'Dance' with people who we want to dance with, that being who ever. Just because we don't want to dance with someone, doesn't mean that most Girls in Clubs are stuck up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunge)
    When I watch this thing happening, and I see an average kind of guy trying to gyrate all over a hawt girl, I do think, "Why are you bothering", nine times out of ten she will not be interested
    Those aren't bad odds really.

ReputationRep:
    If they are having to resort to getting angry you are clearly incredibly **** at reading body language.

Going up to a girl and just rubbing yourself on them without any kind of contact at all is going to end badly most of the time. Make eye contact and see if they flirt back, if not BACK THE **** OFF, if they do try dancing near to them but not touching at first and if they don't move away or anything and seem happy try getting a little closer. If you somehow make a mistake and they try and move away from you when you attempt to grind with them, again BACK THE **** OFF and go dance somewhere else to avoid harassing the girl and embrassing yourself.

Remember as well that some girls just don't like grinding full stop, and attempting it might actually ruin your chances with someone who could have been interested before you started rubbing yourself on them like some kind of horny dog.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, back in the day when I was single, I wasn't against dancing with strangers, especially if they could keep in rhythm. However, be that as it may, I would rather said stranger tried to get friendly eye contact with me before approaching to test the water rather than approaching me from behind. It's an underhand tactic and will send me running!

ReputationRep:
    I find that very easy to believe

ReputationRep:
    I have a boyfriend, and if any guy comes near me in a club I tell them that. If they stick around, I get angry. Reasonable, in my opinion xx

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. :awesome:

Then no problemo.

ReputationRep:
    On the whole grinding thing, what's wrong with approaching from the front to dance.. is it considered uncool or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Believe it or not your sweaty crotch on my pretty dress is not something ive been looking forward to all night long. Take it somewhere else or buy me a damn drink first.
    This =)

It's kind of hard to know when/when not to grind and it sucks for guys that they have to figure it out. If you've made eye contact and she smiled or whatever then it's a go, but when a guy grinds on me and I have to ask my friend if he's hot because he's behind me and I never even saw him, I might get a little belligerent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    On the whole grinding thing, what's wrong with approaching from the front to dance.. is it considered uncool or something?

Nothing, in fact I think more boys should approach from this angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Called the ***** shield. Generally I bypass it, by laughing at any resistance brought up. E.g. girl says some outlandish statement like I'm bi, I go 'haha, thats cute'. Just show you aren't bothered by her guard. And yes, most girls are really on their guard at clubs.
    I don't think "I'm bi" is really a shield, if anything it is likely to get a guy more excited.

Wait for them to come to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    I don't think "I'm bi" is really a shield, if anything it is likely to get a guy more excited.
    nah, that's just one of the statements girls use to try and take hold of a convo. Trust me, if you are sort of dominating a convo, girls will try and '**** test' you, sex is the easiest way for them to get control back.

I've actually pulled a girl that told me to f*** off 3 minutes before. TBH all there is to it is telling her she's being a bit ridiculous etc.

ReputationRep:
    'Grinding', isn't that what dogs do to your leg when they're randy?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.