Pill
    65.79%
    Injection
    10.53%
    Implant
    23.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petitepiaf)
    the pill eroded your cervix?! that sounds horrible, poor you! is that common, or is it because you've been on it so long?
    i'm considering the pill because i have a phobia of needles so neither the injection or implant appeal to me, and the pill sounds like the easiest option... does cervical erosion affect your chances of having children do you know?
    It is common, I'm not sure if it's a long term effect of the pill (it obviously doesn't affect everyone on the pill) the doctor didn't say whether it had happened because I just sort of had a bit of an adverse reaction or because I've been on the pill so long.

It doesn't affect your chance of conceiving, I asked the dr and she said I will be fine.. but I did have to have cryosurgery to stop the bleeding and basically freeze away the dead cells which was not the comfiest thing in the world!

BUT I'm sure that you will be fine on the pill.. and I still think it's the best option despite what I've been through :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipsi)
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. It's more flexible than the pill if that's what you mean. For example if you go on holiday and have to worry about time differences etc. With the injection as long as you get the jab every three months that's all you need to plan. Plus the window for getting the jab is between 8 and 15 weeks after the previous one so if it's due when you're away on holiday you can get it before or after you go. My nurse gives me an appointment which is 12 weeks after the injection, but one time it fell on boxing day so i had it a week earlier which was fine.
    Thanks, i was meaning like the holiday/boxing day thing. does it still work ok up until the 15 wk mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Thanks, i was meaning like the holiday/boxing day thing. does it still work ok up until the 15 wk mark?
    apparently, i've never gone more than a week over the 12 week mark.

ReputationRep:
    has anybody put on weight with the implant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    It is common, I'm not sure if it's a long term effect of the pill (it obviously doesn't affect everyone on the pill) the doctor didn't say whether it had happened because I just sort of had a bit of an adverse reaction or because I've been on the pill so long.

It doesn't affect your chance of conceiving, I asked the dr and she said I will be fine.. but I did have to have cryosurgery to stop the bleeding and basically freeze away the dead cells which was not the comfiest thing in the world!

BUT I'm sure that you will be fine on the pill.. and I still think it's the best option despite what I've been through :yes:
    Thanks, this is all really good to know I think I'm gonna go ahead with it and just hope I can avoid the complications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeGsy)
    has anybody put on weight with the implant?
    I'm on the implant and managed to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pleaserecycle)
    I'm on the implant and managed to lose weight.
    i'm coming round to the implant... losing weight would be a bonus thuogh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    i'm coming round to the implant... losing weight would be a bonus thuogh
    Yeah I would definitely recommend it. Like you, I wasn't sure which one to get but when I asked the nurses which one they recommended they said the implant. Also, a few of my friends were on the pill but it caused them so much hassle they got the implant and, apart from occasional light bleeding, they're happy with it. Hope it all goes well!

ReputationRep:
    hi i'm on the pill already, i've tried a few but i dont like them messing with my hormones, moods, sex drive, weight etc! and so i want to try the implant, will the doctor just let me have one if i ask or do you have to have a specific need for one though??
    also do they affect your periods? cos the one thing i like about the pill is the less painful more regular periods...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.