Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Magna International Inc. now owns Vauxhall, but I have a feeling GM will try to buy it back sometime in the future.
    I hope so. Just glad a chinese company didn't buy Vauxhall/Opel because all they are good as is imitating. Also there is no hope they will go bankrupt because they are financed by govt money.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have wanted to learn to drive in one myself, but following the target market in that report, the Fiat is a good option. I wouldn't look twice at most Fiats, but I like the design of the 500, inside and out - it's basically a cheaper alternative to BSM replacing all the Corsa's with Mini's.

Not saying the Corsa is a terrible car, but it might be a good plan since so many other companies are using them, with driving schools like RED heavily marketing on TV, something more distinctive might make them stand out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo Con)
    I hope so. Just glad a chinese company didn't buy Vauxhall/Opel because all they are good as is imitating. Also there is no hope they will go bankrupt because they are financed by govt money.
    Did you know they brought the astra over here and tried to sell it as the saturn astra? I think they sold like 2 of them. I've never seen a single astra on the road. Hope the same sales nightmare doesn't happen when Ford tries to import the fiesta and sell it in the US market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Did you know they brought the astra over here and tried to sell it as the saturn astra? I think they sold like 2 of them. I've never seen a single astra on the road. Hope the same sales nightmare doesn't happen when Ford tries to import the fiesta and sell it in the US market.
    Lol yeah weren't they like leftover 2008 astras :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I learned for my driving in my instructor's Fiat 500.. It was horrible.. ****** 1.2L insect-looking piece of crap..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo Con)
    Lol yeah weren't they like leftover 2008 astras :rofl:
    It was such a disaster that I don't think they brought any for 2009
    http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/28/s...ears-for-2009/

ReputationRep:
    I had to do lessons in a Corsa before I passed using my own car, an Audi A4. Everything about the new Corsa is bad, they're ******* *****! Having driven my mums Fiat 500 though I can say I'd much preferred having learned to drive in that.

ReputationRep:
    The Fiat looks disguisting.

ReputationRep:
    They say they're aiming at young teenage girls but, all of my female friends think the Fiat 500 is ugly.
    I've also overheard girls in school say it, girls in the street, and the majority of drivers of 500's I've seen are males. I think it's something to do with this whole men wearing more feminine clothes and makeup and stuff.
    Makes me sad.
    500 is ******* ugly.

ReputationRep:
    How soon will this changeover be? I want lessons to get my confidence back before I get a new Corsa and wanted to learn in what I was going to drive.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine how silly a Fiat 500 is going to look with massive BSM stickers all over it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahRos)
    How soon will this changeover be? I want lessons to get my confidence back before I get a new Corsa and wanted to learn in what I was going to drive.
    According to the Independant, they're taking delivery from this summer, and the changeover will be complete by the end of the year. However, if you're willing to consider learning with someone else, i'm sure plenty of pricate instructors will still be using the Corsa, and RED driving school use them, they seem to have every other advert on TV at the moment. If you want lessons with BSM in a Corsa, you'll have to get in there quick!

ReputationRep:
    I'm learning with BSM at the moment, and really hope that my instructor gets his Fiat 500 after my test on 24th September, and not before! :p:

ReputationRep:
    My instuctor said they'll be getting the new cars in a month or so...

ReputationRep:
    In ddition to my previous comment, when I eventually decide and can afford to learn to drive it won't be with BSM now, thats for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Both cars are ugly as sin imo and, I don't really see the big deal about what you learn in. You learn in it, you pass in it, then you buy a better car or something which you actually like. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Well the good news is that i come under the Wigan BSM centre, and they said they shouldn't have changed their cars by my test date (24th September). Oh and even if they have done, they will still have some spare Corsa's for anyone who's got a test coming up that has been learning in one.

Only good news if it's the Abarth...

ReputationRep:
    They both problems and wouldnt touch either with a barge pole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomc87)
    According to the Independant, they're taking delivery from this summer, and the changeover will be complete by the end of the year. However, if you're willing to consider learning with someone else, i'm sure plenty of pricate instructors will still be using the Corsa, and RED driving school use them, they seem to have every other advert on TV at the moment. If you want lessons with BSM in a Corsa, you'll have to get in there quick!
    No wasn't desperate for BSM and don't wanna rush it but haven't seen many private teachers with the new Corsa and thought it might be best going with a big company. I might not be driving again till next year anyway though so I'll just sort it then. Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 19, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.