which is prob a d thing for me
    :yep:

Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    thankyooooou! you been a real help mikeyd85, made me see sence xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraBaby)
    how would that maths help???
    It's a formula I roll out (half age plus 7) that allegedly defines the allowed age difference in relationships, so it says that the minimum age an 18 year old can go out with is 16, and hence the formula would approve of the relationship you mentioned. There are much more important factors though, so feel free to ignore it

ReputationRep:
    oh rite
    gd idea

ReputationRep:
    it's WRONG to go out with a boy 16 when you're an 18 female, I cant explain it just is...... most girls 14 go for guys (or try to) who are 18+ I'm not joking!..... And what your trying to do.. it's like a 40 year old women with a 25 year old men... TOY BOY, avoid this it's not worth the rumors, gossip and hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    It's a formula I roll out (half age plus 7) that allegedly defines the allowed age difference in relationships, so it says that the minimum age an 18 year old can go out with is 16, and hence the formula would approve of the relationship you mentioned. There are much more important factors though, so feel free to ignore it
    xkcd FTW!!

I also go by this equation - it never fails

But as a general rule - if it's legal then it's okay! It's just soceity's strict views these days that people have to be around the same age... why? - because of old neaderthal instincts of choosing an apt age for reproduction... besides, 2 years apart is NO big deal at all

ReputationRep:
    God just do it. He kissed you and spent all night talking to you. Of course he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    God just do it. He kissed you and spent all night talking to you. Of course he likes you.
    its the age thing though
    some people think its wrong
    but majority i have told have been positive
    im telling him tonight...

ReputationRep:
    its the age thing though
    some people think its wrong
    but majority i have told have been positive
    im telling him tonight...
    Stop living your life through what people say at high school. Two years is not a big difference and so what if he's younger? Maybe your girlfriends are saying 'OMG that is like... so weird' but then again why do you have to care what they think? They're probably also the ones who can't think for themselves and feel the need to adhere to certain unwritten conventions. It's how you feel and that's all that matters.

nowt wrong with it in my eyes. although i had a friend who is 18 and started going out with a 16 year old boy and she got the piss taken out of her to no end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    nowt wrong with it in my eyes. although i had a friend who is 18 and started going out with a 16 year old boy and she got the piss taken out of her to no end.
    see!!!

oh i dotn care what people think
    its been tearing me up thinkin about it
    he dont act 16 he dont look 16
    its just an age my mate said and to go for it
    plus if anyone has anything bad to say ill just ask them why did they accept my exs brother going out with someone who was 19 when he was 16
    so im not entirely alone to be honest

ReputationRep:
    see!!!

oh i dotn care what people think
    its been tearing me up thinkin about it
    he dont act 16 he dont look 16
    its just an age my mate said and to go for it
    plus if anyone has anything bad to say ill just ask them why did they accept my exs brother going out with someone who was 19 when he was 16
    so im not entirely alone to be honest

You clearly do care, for 3 reasons:

- You wouldn't have posted on her in the first place
    - The second bolded statement: retaliating to people's criticism
    - Third bolded statement: the fact you take comfort from external sources

Just ask him out, age does NOT matter as long as there is consent, legality, and maturity enough to go with it (and the obvious other matching factors in a relationship)

latot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.