Turn on thread page Beta

Where should I go on holiday this year?! watch

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 days free at the start of September and I have around £700 to spend. I fancy a relaxing beach holiday, somewhere with stunning scenery, good food and hot weather.

Any suggestions?

(Rep for the best suggestion!)

ReputationRep:
    Croatia's beautiful, apparently. I'm so very jealous of your money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    I have 5 days free at the start of September and I have around £700 to spend. I fancy a relaxing beach holiday, somewhere with stunning scenery, good food and hot weather.

Any suggestions?

I don't want to pick a specific place as you may have a different taste to me, but i have found this link;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tra...cle1292126.ece

Its the times's top 20 beaches, so if one catches your eye, you can look into the area.

Good luck with your research

ReputationRep:
    caribbean. its a long where to go for a week though. but generally beaches, hotels, atmosphere and everything is generally better than most places ive been to. dominican republic i also think is the best outo f the caribbean islands. good luck finding somewhere! i always try to go somewhere ive never been before because its always more interesting

ReputationRep:
    Austria. It has some of the most beautiful landscapes in Europe - there's a reason why Hitler spent most of his time there.

Really, it's a lovely country with lovely people. Very diverse too due to the country having three main languages. Maybe get a tent and go on a camping holiday or I'm sure there are a million and one tourist locations.

It beats the usual Spain / France route and the unbearable heat of the Americas! (Austria has great summers though, I should add)

ReputationRep:
    Malta is a nice place! not too far and english is an official language. I have no clue what sort of food they have there tho. but it's def. worth researching.. I have been there twice.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Montenegro for a couple of days whilst travelling, the coast is incredibly beautiful, good food and very few tourists.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (although my photos don't do it justice)

Or Croatia, but that's getting pretty touristy.

ReputationRep:
    Cruise for a week. Best holidays end of.

ReputationRep:

Any suggestions?

Turkey.

And it's meant to be pretty cheap and has got everything you ask for so can come in at £700 whereas some of the other suggestions are most likely £1k+.

Have fun where ever you go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Turkey.

And it's meant to be pretty cheap and has got everything you ask for so can come in at £700 whereas some of the other suggestions are most likely £1k+.

Have fun where ever you go...
    My friend's keen on Turkey too, I'll discuss it with her tomorrow!

Croatia and Austria are great suggestions too. Excited! :p:

ReputationRep:
    My friend's keen on Turkey too, I'll discuss it with her tomorrow!

Croatia and Austria are great suggestions too. Excited! :p:
    Yup they are but Turkey seems perfect for everything you want and it's very good value.

Good luck and have fun...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.