Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry about being annoying and posting this.

i'm going to spain at the end of August with my fam and i know i'm going to be on during that time and i won't be able to swim. My periods are regular so i can make a very accurate prediction. Anyways i've never used a tampon before, (i'm 15 and going into year 11) because i've always been really worried. I want to swim and i don't want my holiday ruined because we're only going for a week and my period is predicted to be on like literally due to the day we leave.

I'm woried because , iread online, that the tampon has to be like absorbed to a certain extent for it to be removed without pain? But doesn't it hurt anyway? Any advice from people, would greately appreciate it, thanku x

ReputationRep:
    You could get a pill from your doc (dunno what its called, I've never used it), its only temporary so you won't have a period for things like this.
    I've been on contraception since I was 15 so never really used tampons.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame it's such short notice. You can either forget the swimming, get a pill of some description from your GP, or try tampons. I'm not a huge fan of tampons, though. They shouldn't hurt in any major way, though it might feel a bit uncomfortable when you put it in and take it out. If it's in properly, you can just forget about it and have a good time. (Until you have to take it out, of course- must remember that.)

ReputationRep:
    This should probably be in H&R.
    You should go to your GP and they'll give you something to delay your period whilst you're on holiday, no problem.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Go see your GP and you could get them to delay your period.

But you could also try tampons. I was holiday last week, and my period came on the first day we were there. Was a pain, as I wanted to do a lot of swimming and stuff, so I tried tampons for the first time. Believe me, I was scared about it but it was fine once you get used to it. Thankfully this was only a lightish one and I was fine again after about 4 days. Once you use them once though, it isn't so bad. You'll find something which suits you best though, and it's important you're comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    Go see your GP and you could get them to delay your period.

But you could also try tampons. I was holiday last week, and my period came on the first day we were there. Was a pain, as I wanted to do a lot of swimming and stuff, so I tried tampons for the first time. Believe me, I was scared about it but it was fine once you get used to it. Thankfully this was only a lightish one and I was fine again after about 4 days. Once you use them once though, it isn't so bad. You'll find something which suits you best though, and it's important you're comfortable.
    It looks like i'm going to go fo this option, but i'm terrified. I guess its prity natural for one to be scared right? But anyway was there any like drastic pain the first time u used it also were u able to enjoy the holiday like normal? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaceyJJo)
    It looks like i'm going to go fo this option, but i'm terrified. I guess its prity natural for one to be scared right? But anyway was there any like drastic pain the first time u used it also were u able to enjoy the holiday like normal? thanks
    Ok, I'll tell you the complete and honest truth. I was terrified :p: And the first day I was completely paranoid about it. There was no pain, but I was just really worried that I'd done it wrong or something. But it was completely fine, and after that I was able to enjoy myself despite it. Really, it'll be fine and really don't worry.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.