Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been on this website...

Love it or hate it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm a member.

I don't post as much as I used to, and have removed a lot of my looks. But yeah, I go on it every so often. It annoys me that the looks that get hype actually (on the whole) have no creativity whatsoever. If you're wearing super skinny jeans, a leather jacket and a deconstructed Junya cardigan it apparantly means you're a fashion god/goddess.

Ahwell.

Skinny jeans, bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    Love it, but they are all too skinny. I try and get some ideas off there but it all just looks stupid on me.

ReputationRep:
    there all models looky likey

ReputationRep:
    Love the site!
    And i check it all the time, its really good and gives me great ideas on what to wear and such like although im not a member however i can comment and such like by using twitter
    If you have interests in fashion or want inspirations and ideas on what to wear its a great site!!

ReputationRep:
    EVERY guy on that thing is wearing skinnies or shorts.

Fashion fail:rolleyes:

EDIT:

Except for this: http://lookbook.nu/look/199292-the-h...-drive-nowhere

ReputationRep:
    It's ace

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at it, the comments make me want to hurl. everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Actually looking deeper (past the comments) this site seems really good.

Too bad you need an invite code to join :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotdog)
    Yeah I'm a member.

I don't post as much as I used to, and have removed a lot of my looks. But yeah, I go on it every so often. It annoys me that the looks that get hype actually (on the whole) have no creativity whatsoever. If you're wearing super skinny jeans, a leather jacket and a deconstructed Junya cardigan it apparantly means you're a fashion god/goddess.

Ahwell.

Skinny jeans, bleurgh.
    Rep for invitation code?
    Never mind, I got code by means of stealth:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure, I'll message you it in a mo.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure, I'll message you it in a mo.
    Nah it's alright I got one:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of free time on my hands so might get round to creating some looks of my own this summer.

Dunno how I'm supposed to photograph myself though, all my friends have ****ed off for the summer:dry:

I think I'll start with some items of clothing I've recently acquired :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the problem is is that I'm very self conscious. Although I have 2 friends which are photographers I can't generally be persuaded to have photos taken of me. Unless it's part of a wider art piece/natural.

But yeah.

Contrary to pictures I don't wear skinny jeans anymore, so I'm bucking the trend at least

ReputationRep:
    there was this exact thread a few months ago - i like looking at it as a last resort if none of the fashion blogs i read have been updated but generally i find it slightly superficial.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the problem is is that I'm very self conscious. Although I have 2 friends which are photographers I can't generally be persuaded to have photos taken of me. Unless it's part of a wider art piece/natural.

But yeah.

Contrary to pictures I don't wear skinny jeans anymore, so I'm bucking the trend at least
    Glad someone is. 9/10 guys seem to be donning them. It's like they're all from Camden or something.

Once I get motivated and post some looks I'll be another one of a minority not wearing them:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff! I intend to start posting stuff of my summer wardrobe. That is, tailored trousers, good shorts, and slim cut chinos that don't have a whiff of "investment banker" about them.

God, I need to get out more...

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff! I intend to start posting stuff of my summer wardrobe. That is, tailored trousers, good shorts, and slim cut chinos that don't have a whiff of "investment banker" about them.

God, I need to get out more...
    Sorry it's only just dawned on me that you're a guy, for some reason I thought you were a girl:o:

I'd use my shorts but I think I might be shot if I uploaded looks involving Abercrombie and Fitch :sadnod:

But anyway I can technically claim this as establishing an interest in fashion for when I apply for marketing internships so I am guilt free :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha.

I think you have to play it pretty finely with shorts. For me, anything too short screams hoxton hero at me, anything too long is just unflattering. So i think stuff which just hits on the knee is good

You live in Camden? I lived in a friends flat in chalk farm for a bit... Too many rich people :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha.

I think you have to play it pretty finely with shorts. For me, anything too short screams hoxton hero at me, anything too long is just unflattering. So i think stuff which just hits on the knee is good

You live in Camden? I lived in a friends flat in chalk farm for a bit... Too many rich people :P
    Exactly, I really hate shorts that are too short, they just remind me of PE.

Yea I live in Camden:erm: It's full of scenesters and generally annoying people. I just hate the way it's lorded up by everyone, when the reason it was ever cool in the first place has upped and moved to Shoreditch:rolleyes:

Speaking of, I'm moving to Shoreditch in a few months :rofl:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.