Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been on www.lolbook.nu ?
    It's keeping me entertained for now anyway. :yes:

EDIT: Damn, someone beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    I shall check them out thanks. I like http://www.taghrid.cc/ if you don't know it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    doesn't the fact that you guys are finding invites rather than actually being invited kind of defeat the point of lookbook? i mean, if everybody did what you're doing then there'd be people like this on there:
    Well no because if people like that posted looks then they wouldn't get hyped would they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Well no because if people like that posted looks then they wouldn't get hyped would they?
    true but it would clog up the site a bit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    true but it would clog up the site a bit...
    Tbh I think that people who are bothered enough to track down an invite code when they have pretty much full access without being a member would do a fair amount of contributing, and if their contributions are all utterly slammed then eventually they'll go away.

I hope I don't get totally slammed

ReputationRep:
    no , i applied but they never got back to me..

ReputationRep:
    i'm not a member, but i've browsed it a couple o' times; i find that the swedes & spandiards have the best sense of style! :P altho' there aren't many outfits i'd feel comfortable wearing myself...

ReputationRep:
    Ok so here is my first look.

Be brutal :teeth:
    EDIT: I really need a haircut :dry:

ReputationRep:
    love it
    has anyone got a invite for me? pleasee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Ok so here is my first look.

Be brutal :teeth:
    EDIT: I really need a haircut :dry:

I quite like it but, don't take this the wrong way, you'd look better if you were 35/40. I dunno, I think you should have a bit more fun, seeing as you're still young etc. There's nothing wrong with jazzing up classic looks a bit, you don't have to look like a hoxton-ite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotdog)
    I quite like it but, don't take this the wrong way, you'd look better if you were 35/40. I dunno, I think you should have a bit more fun, seeing as you're still young etc. There's nothing wrong with jazzing up classic looks a bit, you don't have to look like a hoxton-ite
    I have plenty of fun don't worry! Actually just home from seeing Ice Age 3 in 3D at the cinema:erm:

Also you can't see but I'm wearing red shoes :no:

I'm still experimenting with what I'm wearing at the moment, since last autumn I've been wearing a lot of browns and natural colours but I'll be injecting more colour into things this winter I reckon.
    To be honest it doesn't matter anyway as 90% of the time I just wear jeans and a hoodie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotdog)
    Yeah I'm a member.

I don't post as much as I used to, and have removed a lot of my looks. But yeah, I go on it every so often. It annoys me that the looks that get hype actually (on the whole) have no creativity whatsoever. If you're wearing super skinny jeans, a leather jacket and a deconstructed Junya cardigan it apparantly means you're a fashion god/goddess.

Ahwell.

Skinny jeans, bleurgh.

I know exactly what you mean!

ReputationRep:
    You will get hype if you have a pretty face and are stick-thin.
    You will also get hype if you are fairly average, but are stick-thin.
    You will get next to nothing if you are above a size 10.

I don't mind it, but the looks have gotten very, very generic to the point that I seldom look past the first few. All the hemlines are short, everyone wears ridiculously ripped tights, and people tend to pose in fields a lot. There is some good inspiration lurking about, though, if you can look past the stern facial expressions and repetitive "style".

ReputationRep:
    I love lookbook but am not a blogger on there .. i totally agree that the looks are becoming repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    I am on lookbook, under the name Zanna V I am absolutely addicted to it, it gives a lot of inspiration

ReputationRep:
    I like looking at it. Even though I would never wear clothes like 90% of people there wear, and the fact that the majority of pictures are so pretentious and involve looking at your feet or at the ground. Go on, I challenge you - go on the front page and count the number of people doing that. I just counted and out of 20 photos, 7 are looking at their feet. Now count how many are smiling or looking at least not grumpy, I count 1 out of 20. I mean, puhlease, taking nice pics of yourself doesn't mean you have to look like you just had an enema - smiling may not seem as 'arty' but it sure makes your whole photo and look seem better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanzapan)
    I am on lookbook, under the name Zanna V I am absolutely addicted to it, it gives a lot of inspiration
    I've been lurking since Oney's time now when there were only 4 sub-forums, and you're like, a Lookbook forum celebrity haha. And I love being tall and wearing super high-heels too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tefhel)
    I like looking at it. Even though I would never wear clothes like 90% of people there wear, and the fact that the majority of pictures are so pretentious and involve looking at your feet or at the ground. Go on, I challenge you - go on the front page and count the number of people doing that. I just counted and out of 20 photos, 7 are looking at their feet. Now count how many are smiling or looking at least not grumpy, I count 1 out of 20. I mean, puhlease, taking nice pics of yourself doesn't mean you have to look like you just had an enema - smiling may not seem as 'arty' but it sure makes your whole photo and look seem better.
    Yup, tis true. That's why I like Frida J's looks, because although they're not groundbreaking, she smiles in every photo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhiannaB)
    I've been lurking since Oney's time now when there were only 4 sub-forums, and you're like, a Lookbook forum celebrity haha. And I love being tall and wearing super high-heels too.
    Hahaha, as if you recognise meee! You have been lurking for ages then, you have an account?

ReputationRep:
    the titles they mostly chose are so uninspiring and banal, and it really serves as a reminder of how people just leech off whatever they deem to be cool. let's just wack two uncommonly connected words together and pose like an embarrassed toddler. there is some good stuff there though, it's just a shame they consider themselves as being extraordinary arty. most of them probably all long for the day they get a polaroid camera from santa

frosted granite/ creme dream/ i loved you until the sky fell apart/ eclipse of our love/ leather deers on fire

yeah bros, none of it make any sense

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.