Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is that strange? I am a 22 year old guy and
    - I'm a virgin
    - never had a girlfriend
    - never kissed a girl
    - never seen a girl naked
    - never felt a girl's boob
    - hell, I can't even remember the last time I hugged a girl.

And don't tell me that it will eventually happen, cuz I know that. I just want to know if it's very weird or just slightly weird

ReputationRep:
    its extremley wierd, i don't think your human.

ReputationRep:
    No. Everybody has a different age for doing things. No-where is it written : You MUST kiss a girl by the time you are 16.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, allot of people i know 18-20 haven't shagged a girl, but i'm not sure about the rest.

Maybe you should try get out more, change you're look and try be more sociable, also, confidence may also be an issue, if you want to get with a girl then just do it, be confident and secure, don't let anything hold you back...that's if you want to though.

ReputationRep:
    It's maybe unusual, but not weird in my opinion. There'll be loads of girls that would prefer that to guys that brag about the number of partners they've had etc.

ReputationRep:
    its not wierd, not normal though (as in not the norm) but who cares really. Anyone who looks down on you for that is not really worth knowing. Also btw there's no saying it will automatically eventually because who can honestly predict the future? You have two options, either accept it and get on with life or try and work out what you're doing wrong and try and change that. I mean there are people who just have no sex appeal but it's all to do with the way you carry yourself. I mean I'm not trying to be harsh cos I'm in a similar situation. My main worry is ultimately is it's all getting a bit when I think of my life plan and stuff, I guess that just has to be flexible. I can't be bothered to let it get in the way of my life and stress about it too much. Just get on with life and dont worry,

ReputationRep:
    Ish. If you wanna cahnge that PM me maybe. I'll try and send you in the right direction.

Do you even have any female friends. Should worry bout that first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is that strange? I am a 22 year old guy and
    - I'm a virgin
    - never had a girlfriend
    - never kissed a girl
    - never seen a girl naked
    - never felt a girl's boob
    - hell, I can't even remember the last time I hugged a girl.

And don't tell me that it will eventually happen, cuz I know that. I just want to know if it's very weird or just slightly weird
    I don't think it's a big deal.
    Can I ask why haven't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Ish. If you wanna cahnge that PM me maybe. I'll try and send you in the right direction.

Do you even have any female friends. Should worry bout that first.
    n0c0ntr0l, you're awesome that's all that needs to be said :p:

ReputationRep:
    last resort? - prostitute.

me love you long time, 10 dolla

ReputationRep:
    Having not even KISSED a girl by the age of 22... that's perhaps a little weird... do you go/have you gone to uni? - if so, then thats quite weird.

As for the rest, thats not weird at all

Why? No idea. I'm probably not the most sociable person on earth, but I am far from being antisocial. I am quite slow at meeting new people, and admittedly, I don't have many opportunities to do so. Studying at the geekiest university in the country doesn't help (although it's good to know how many people are similar to me in that matter). Don't get me wrong - I'm not a nerd, I'm not overweight, I don't look bad or disgusting.

It's not like I'm terribly worried about it. The only concern I have is that a potential girlfriend might have issues with that. I'm not talking about not accepting it, it's about the social skills I might be lacking due to being so late with everything. Think "40 year old virgin". It would be probably a bit weird not knowing what to do on a first date when I'm 25.

ReputationRep:
    Why? No idea. I'm probably not the most sociable person on earth, but I am far from being antisocial. I am quite slow at meeting new people, and admittedly, I don't have many opportunities to do so. Studying at the geekiest university in the country doesn't help (although it's good to know how many people are similar to me in that matter). Don't get me wrong - I'm not a nerd, I'm not overweight, I don't look bad or disgusting.

It's not like I'm terribly worried about it. The only concern I have is that a potential girlfriend might have issues with that. I'm not talking about not accepting it, it's about the social skills I might be lacking due to being so late with everything. Think "40 year old virgin". It would be probably a bit weird not knowing what to do on a first date when I'm 25.
    Why don't you try doing something like volunteering [assuming you have time] - it forces you to meet and talk to new people. It helped me become more sociable, anyway. And I don't think it's wierd.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

are you at imperial, becuase trust me, this would allllll make sense.

its not really weird tbh. people live their own way, so what if you haven't done all the things a chav **** would have have done at 14. as long as you are nice person with a great personality then potential girlfriends will not mind- and in any case potential girlfriends would only become actuall gfs if they didnt go "OMGZZZ lol freak!111!!". seriously don;t worry too much, just focus on you as a a person and developing your social arena, and then there's bound to be people who like you and wanna be with you

(Original post by francescarella)
    Hahaha. Yes, I'm at Imperial.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hahaha. Yes, I'm at Imperial.
    haha brilliant, i knew it what subject you doing?

I met my boyfriend at Imperial (i go to a drama school). I can completely see how it is hard for an Imperial student to find the time to be social without feeling like theyre mesing up thir degree. also, there are not a lot of girls at Imperial, it has to be said. but aside from the fact that you are at that uni, you shouldn't let it dictat who you are as a person and the needs you feel you deserve from a loving relationship with a girl. if you want it bad enough you will get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)

its not really weird tbh. people live their own way, so what if you haven't done all the things a chav **** would have have done at 14. as long as you are nice person with a great personality then potential girlfriends will not mind- and in any case potential girlfriends would only become actuall gfs if they didnt go "OMGZZZ lol freak!111!!". seriously don;t worry too much, just focus on you as a a person and developing your social arena, and then there's bound to be people who like you and wanna be with you
    OP, take this advice - they're wise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhi)
    No. Everybody has a different age for doing things. No-where is it written : You MUST kiss a girl by the time you are 16.

WHAT!!! YOU MUST KISS A GIRL BY THE TIME YOU ARE 16!!! :eek3:

hehe
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    OP, take this advice - they're wise
    i like you remind me to rep you :five:

ReputationRep:

You must be at LSE. (LSE haters don't kill me, but common, educated guess)

Urm, you should be more social. If your shy try and gain some confidence. And really just find a girl you like and make your advances.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.