Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If Aston start giving out unconditionals to conditional offers? 2 of my mates just got this so I guess they got the results etc

ReputationRep:
    Were they doing A-Levels? If so, i wouldn't say that's normal practise*. If they were doing another course they may have got their results earlier.

*I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    They usually confirm the offer on the day of results, or the day before if badly synchronised

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't become unconditional until you get your results. Were they doing courses other than A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    ye BTEC, sorry ... i am a neek

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you do a BTEC too though?

ReputationRep:
    ye i know i realised that now :facepalm:

Infact I just looked at track and Surrey has gone to unconditional ... they want DDM ... Aston want DDM :love:

ReputationRep:
    So.....you in? :O
    When do you get your actual results?
    My results are a while off yet i half want to go on track, way too nervous to though!!
    ANd yeah.... Well done mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtom:))
    So.....you in? :O
    When do you get your actual results?
    My results are a while off yet i half want to go on track, way too nervous to though!!
    ANd yeah.... Well done mate
    When the day comes you'll be trying to get on there for hours trust me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    When the day comes you'll be trying to get on there for hours trust me!
    Nah, I'm a traditionalist, gonna wait for the post! However will not come anywhere near thestudentroom, or the internet so I'm not going crazy lol! Will make sure I'm asleep by 12 the night before,n otherwise track would just be so tempting, waking up knowing that I'm in University, (would be the ideal situation anyway!).
    Do you have to go on it for any other reasons? Accept offer? ...

ReputationRep:
    well I guess if Surrey have changed it, then Aston will eventually do to so I think I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    well I guess if Surrey have changed it, then Aston will eventually do to so I think I'm in.
    Unless surrey are lenient etc? :/ Not trying to scare you, sorry. Well Aston are reputably slow! Making me nervous now!!! only 22 days left! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Aston were the last one to offer me conditional.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I'm a traditionalist, gonna wait for the post! However will not come anywhere near thestudentroom, or the internet so I'm not going crazy lol! Will make sure I'm asleep by 12 the night before,n otherwise track would just be so tempting, waking up knowing that I'm in University, (would be the ideal situation anyway!).
    I think you do have to go on there to confirm from what I remember. Post can take a few days longer.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I tried that, but barely slept a wink the night before results day.

Also I don't think it will come in the post until a few days later. Don't you go into school/college to collect your results anyway? I knew I was in through track though before I went to school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fightoffyourdemons)

Also I don't think it will come in the post until a few days later. Don't you go into school/college to collect your results anyway? I knew I was in through track though before I went to school.
    Me too! I think I was trying to get onto track past midnight and then got up before 7am to get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fightoffyourdemons)

I'll be pooping myself if i don't get a letter from them!!!!!! Think I'll go to track then! Don't really want to find out through looking at my grades, not that brave! The module grades would catch my eye and it would be confusing and scary, but hopefully rewarding in the end!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be pooping myself if i don't get a letter from them!!!!!! Think I'll go to track then! Don't really want to find out through looking at my grades, not that brave! The module grades would catch my eye and it would be confusing and scary, but hopefully rewarding in the end!!!!
    Don't think track does that, it just says whether you got in or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Don't think track does that, it just says whether you got in or not.
    Sorry I was reffering to the results certificates themselves. It will tell you on the opening page on track won't it. I don't really want to find out on the internet tbh.

ReputationRep:
    It will tell you on track whether you got in or not, but if in the case of missing grades, you really need to go into school to get them and find out what you got, so you can ring up and see if you can still get in etc. Hopefully you'll be ok, but if you did need to do clearing etc, you would need to act early.

The letter saying whether you got in comes from ucas rather than from Aston, and didn't come for me until a few days later. I think Aston emailed me the day after results day though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.